Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first jeep. This is my second truck (had one 20 or so years ago). I thought I would offer some of my thoughts on my new purchase.

The door handles are real cheap looking.

The headlights suck, very dim.

It has a GREAT feature where it (acording to my dealer) will tell you when your oil is dirty, you don't change it every so many miles.. It just says when it is dirty. That is COOL.

Regular gas rocks, my last car took premium.

There are REALLY helpful and cool lights in the drink holders.

I am a car audio freak... the sound system in this thing is not as bad as everyone led me to believe. I am still going to bump it up a bit, but honestly it can wait since it sounds ok.

100k mile power train warranty, cool.

at 70 mph with the top down.... 55 degrees is COLD.

The heater works GREAT.

Did you know there are small shinging things in the sky... I googled them and they are called stars... you can see them with a jeep (and top down). Who would have thunk it.

I think I am real happy with the 32 inch tires that came with my Rubi... Upgrading with a lift and 33" are not as much of a priority anymore (I had thought it would be huge for me).

I wonder what my first upgrade/mod will be?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rear view mirror flip ftw :rofl:
funny you should say that. I am not tall (just under 6 feet) but I sit tall in cars. Several cars I cannot own because of it (any Infinity car). I have my seat all the way down and I am still looking throgh the top two inches of the windshield. The silly rear view got in my way on the way home.

·
Registered
173 Posts
"This is my first jeep. This is my second truck (had one 20 or so years ago). I thought I would offer some of my thoughts on my new purchase.

100k mile power train warranty, cool. "

Did this get bumped up? I thought it was 5/50.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
This is my first jeep. This is my second truck (had one 20 or so years ago). I thought I would offer some of my thoughts on my new purchase.

The door handles are real cheap looking.

Because they are.

The headlights suck, very dim.

They are the worst headlights on any vehicle I've ever owned.

It has a GREAT feature where it (acording to my dealer) will tell you when your oil is dirty, you don't change it every so many miles.. It just says when it is dirty. That is COOL.

Don't trust it. It's a joke. I've seen mine come on once in 25,000 miles between my 2011 and 2012. Stick to 5,000 mile intervals regardless.

Regular gas rocks, my last car took premium.

The 3.6L is the only high-output V6 among the brands I've seen that allows 87 octane.

100k mile power train warranty, cool.

Don't do anything to void it...you may need it.

The heater works GREAT.

Glad yours does...a lot of us have heater core issues.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I miss the paddle handles my TJ had. They were easy to use, the push button design of the JK hurts my thumbs, especially after getting in a couple dozen times a day when I work.

·
Registered
11,035 Posts
kramer2k said:
He can't flip the rear view mirror if he has the 2013 auto-dimming mirror. ;)
RB-10rubicon said:
and dont they have led map lights to
The day has finally come that i get to laud these "new" jeeps with all their technology and how they're not "real" jeeps like my ole 2010 jk :rofl:

Tongue in cheek, everyone :thumb:

·
The Bad Guy
23,247 Posts
Door handles? You mean on the rear gate? That's the only door on my jk.

·
Registered
876 Posts
The push button handles are kinda tough to open when your hands are full. At least with the paddle, I could get a finger under there and still open the door.

I don't know why everyone complains about the JK headlights. They are no worse than my TJ I've had for 9 years.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I don't know why everyone complains about the JK headlights. They are no worse than my TJ I've had for 9 years.

I find that they are significantly dimmer than the lights on my Kia Soul that I traded in. And putting the Jeep on high beams only makes it illuminate the power lines overhead.... forget the roadway.

·
Registered
995 Posts

QUOTE]

DONT BELIEVE IT. It will tell you not to change the oil until 5K or more.

Don't care what anyone says, if you wait 5K miles to change oil on a brand new motor you are not doing yourself or your Jeep a favor.

If you are going to get rid of it in a year or two, who cares but if you plan on keeping it a while change the oil before you hit 1000 miles & look how black it is.

Maybe overkill on my part but 500, 1500, 3000, 6000, 10000 & I have no tick & get 21-22 mpg unless I floor it or tow. It drops to 20-21 mpg when the oil starts to change color fwiw.

Cheap insurance for a $35,000 vehicle. Your call.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts