Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought two of these from Amazon they didn't fit in the door correctly. When I (carefully and slowly) closed the door to adjust the depth, they would both eventually flex and break. The second one I tried tapping in before I closed the door and the spring and plunger shot out....

Omix-ADA 17237.21 Jeep Cherokee/Comanche/Wrangler/Grand Cherokee Door Ajar Switch made by Rugged Ridge.

I bought one from the dealer it went in with no problem. The MOPAR brand allowed me to press it right into the door jam and I could press the plunger shaft half way in with my finger and little force to allow the door to press it in the desired depth. The one from the dealer was only $2.00 more.

Amazon makes it easy and you assume the price is much better but in this case it was NOT worth using aftermarket parts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Sometimes there are differences from one manufacturer to another. Took me 3 tries to find an EP26 flasher that worked the hazards and turn signals after I installed LED tail lights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts