Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Body shop fixed our Hail damage, which mostly means replacing the hood and doing paintless dent repair for some other dents. I'd say as good as new...but It's better than new since insurance gave me a brand new AEV hood! Its funny my 12 JKUR(hard top), my son's 12 JKUR(hard top), and my daughter's 05 LJ Rubi(soft top) were all parked out front and all damaged by the golf ball size hail. But my daughter's LJ was the only one that had damage to the top. Insurance paid for a new top, but the lesson seems to be the hard tops are really durable (neither of ours had any damage) but if you have a soft top watch out! Of course my wife's Suzuki SX4 had the hood replaced, and the roof removed and replaced, etc, for a grand total of $6K +. So all the jeeps came out way ahead with about $2K of damage each.

3 pictures of the new hood:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nice rig! I'm interested on how you dealt with the insurance company.. how did the math work out with the AEV hood vs. stock replacement? Did insurance want to paintless dent repair the original?

·
Registered
276 Posts
i'd think our hood is too thin for PDR. It involves heating and working out the dent, i'd think the hood would get all warped and wavy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I like the looks of that AEV hood. I dont like how they hold water, dirt, leaves and bird poop. Every one Ive seen had gunk in that front depression.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice rig! I'm interested on how you dealt with the insurance company.. how did the math work out with the AEV hood vs. stock replacement? Did insurance want to paintless dent repair the original?
bbermann,

The insurance adjuster spec'd a new hood right from the start (on my Son's JKUR also). So all was good. I had to pay $250 comprehensive deductible and about $125 extra for the AEV hood.

Jim

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Just keep a good coat of wax in the depression and you'll be fine. The hood should come standard on Wranglers it is so much nicer than the stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts