Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would some of you with after market half doors or those running w/o doors let me know what you do about the wiring harness and what affect disconnecting the harness has?

On my 09 unlimited, the door warning in the dash stays on and the interior lights have to be turned off manually at the control.

Are there other issues to be concerned with and can the door warning be eliminated with fuses, etc.

Thanks in advance

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Something's not right. When I disconnect my harness there is no door warning. My doors have been off all summer.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Just noticed you have an Unlimited. Are you leaving the back two doors on?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Something's not right. When I disconnect my harness there is no door warning. My doors have been off all summer.
Same here. The light only turns on when you press the unlock button or turn them on manually. The only other thing that happens when you go doorless is the radio stays on for about 30 seconds after you cut off the ignition.

·
Registered
33,932 Posts
I run with my front doors off all the time with out any problems. Other than the radio stays on for a bit!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to those that responded. I knew you would have the answers.

I went back and repeated the process i went through. And this time, it worked just as you have indicated. Even hooked the rear doors up and just as you said, it works fine. One of the rear doors may have been opened when I first tried it and that may have been the reason for my concern. However, you gave me the right answers so all is good now.

Again, thanks for the response and the pictures.
Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts