Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm desperately trying to justify ordering my '14 Rubicon with half doors. My concern is that it says on the website (when building a '13) that it requires removal of auto a/c. Does that mean it deletes the a/c entirely or does it just come with a stripped down version.

Also, what happens on the center console where the power window switches are supposed to be? I cant find a pic of this anywhere.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
670 Posts
Rubicon comes standard with AC. You can't get the upgraded AC with automatic temperature control system with half doors.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Rubicon comes standard with AC. You can't get the upgraded AC with automatic temperature control system with half doors.
Bingo! Agreed. A few on here have done it. It's a smooth panel in place of the window switch. It's a great location to mount your CB hook.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I really wanted half doors when I bought mine. The salesman said we can order you one if you like but keep in mind you will have to zip/unzip your windows at the drive through. I had an older YJ with half doors, but it was a 4th vehicle, not a daily. I agreed and got the full doors, and couldn't be happier. I get my Dunkin coffee every morning and have no problem rolling them up or down. And aside from the stupid inside handle being useless in helping with door removal, they are easily removable. Just my .02 from someone who really wanted the half doors,and ended up being happy. My climate helped sway me too.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I will leave you with this
Thanks a LOT, ya jerk!:p :rolleyes: Now I'm kicking myself for not getting half-doors! :facepalm: Of course, at the time, I had NO idea that they could be ordered...I guess I shoulda checked out this forum before buying my Wrangler! That looks awesome! :thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks a LOT, ya jerk!:p :rolleyes: Now I'm kicking myself for not getting half-doors! :facepalm: Of course, at the time, I had NO idea that they could be ordered...I guess I shoulda checked out this forum before buying my Wrangler! That looks awesome! :thumb:
I bought mine after the fact I have full doors as well.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So far I've heard a ton of people say they wish they bought half doors, and not a single person say that they wish they bought full doors. So I'm sold, half doors it is. I've had a Jeep with full doors for 4 years now and every time I see one with half's my pants get tight.

·
Commercial Member
2,448 Posts
You buying a 2 or 4 door? I'm getting an Unlimited Rubicon with half doors. The thing that drives me nuts is paying for the power windows, locks and security system and they aren't even installed. I guess if you are buying a 2 door then you don't have to worry about paying for the power convenience group. One post to getting the power convenience group is that I can also get the front side airbags.

Congrats on your half door decision! BTW, I hardly use the drive thru window and when I do I likely won't have the doors or uppers on:D

·
Commercial Member
2,448 Posts
I've seen people paint the b pillar black and it blends right in.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I saw a 4 door Rubicon yesterday with half doors and it looked awesome. Like really awesome.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm going with the 2 door. I'm actually at the dealer as I type this. I'll let you know if they let me get away without adding the power convenience group which I also don't want.

·
Commercial Member
2,448 Posts
I think that is an option on the two door rubicons. The 4 door rubicons it comes standard

·
Commercial Member
2,448 Posts
You think it would look better with the top off and full doors on?

Here is a picture of the b pillar painted black

I stole this picture thanks to google...

Sorry for the thread hijack and good luck with whatever you decide, but it better have half doors! ;)

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm going with the 2 door. I'm actually at the dealer as I type this. I'll let you know if they let me get away without adding the power convenience group which I also don't want.
What color are you ordering??

1 - 20 of 40 Posts