Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up sliders for my half doors yesterday. Huge improvement over the plastic zipper windows.

Off Craigslist for $225.00. :awesome:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Damn! $225!!? Lucky dog u! I will def invest in these after my other mods are finished. I'm hoping they get a lil cheaper when I'm ready to pull the trigger! Prob going to replace the soft top around the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Before you pay big bucks for them keep your eyes peeled for a Jeep that has them and really look them over, the windows are actually quite small and they open smaller yet. It's a lot of money for a window thats often too small to get a fast food bag handed through.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Before you pay big bucks for them keep your eyes peeled for a Jeep that has them and really look them over, the windows are actually quite small and they open smaller yet. It's a lot of money for a window thats often too small to get a fast food bag handed through.
Yep, I have a set sitting in my shed that I haven't used since buying a set of soft zippered uppers this year on CL. Not sure if I'm going to keep them at this point or not. It's hard to get that 32 oz. drink through that little window at the drive through...:rofl2:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I have them, I like them, run them in the winter.
Not enough air flow in the summer and they are heaver. Not as easy to throw in the back seat as the vinyl ones.
Easier to clear snow and ice off of.

Don't get rid of your plastic ones yet. You might want to switch with the seasons as I do.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
I have them, I like them, run them in the winter.
Not enough air flow in the summer and they are heaver. Not as easy to throw in the back seat as the vinyl ones.
Easier to clear snow and ice off of.

Don't get rid of your plastic ones yet. You might want to switch with the seasons as I do.
Yeah, the only real reason that I'm hanging on to them and my hardtop is that we'll be moving from CA to TX sometime this year, and I may want them there. Here, there's really no need for either.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have a set and I run them all year long. They are much nicer than the zipper ones and yes, the opening is small, but who needs the super X large drink from BK anyways.

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
I have a set and I run them all year long. They are much nicer than the zipper ones and yes, the opening is small, but who needs the super X large drink from BK anyways.
yep I lost 10 pounds since I put them on my jeep! LOL

·
Registered
256 Posts
I nvr seen them up close. Didn't realize opening was so small. I don't need the big gulp so I think I'd prefer the sliders in colder months. They do look good IMO. Atm other mods are at top of the list.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yep you got a good deal, I got mine the same time I got my hard top,
the cost for the uper doors was 300.00 each,
i do wish the glass would open a little more, But I still Love them
because I can hear the radio at 60 MPH..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm very happy with them They are 100% an upgrade from the zippered windows. Easier to see out of. Much quieter on the highway.

If I need more air flow it is extremely easy to take them off and put them in the back.

Also could not have asked for a better price. Low cost upgrade.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have them. The front opening is the larger of the two, but driving with it open makes the top flutter and the side windows suck in. Mine were over $450.00. Wouldn't do it again. The good part of having them is okay. The bad part of having them really sucks.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
I don't have any problems getting fast food bags through mine... dunno maybe I get smaller meals.

Rear window

Front window

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
They are definitely not all created equal. Mine are an older set and only the back opens. I think some made now have wider openings.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Perhaps someone will develop a carbon fiber set with nearly full size Windows, lots of cool new polymers in play these days.

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
Perhaps someone will develop a carbon fiber set with nearly full size Windows, lots of cool new polymers in play these days.
The problem is not the size of the window, the problem is having room to open them. If you put two windows in the hole of equal size, it does not matter what they are constructed of, the only place for the window to slide open is either forward or backwards. Changing materials will not make the opening any bigger. I have them as well and only the rear window opens on mine. But it does not bother me really at all.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts