Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang!
It's getting a little cold here in South Florida the past few days and I was wondering about my doors. I have my top totally off and would like to keep it off. My question is? Can I put the windows on my half doors when the top is off??? Wasn't sure if they were only usable when the full top is on?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
I just woke up but I'd say it shouldn't be a prob. I may be corrected though.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
In the early spring when I have removed/ change the top for summer to the 3 piece set I use, I will frequently run without the Bikini in the am on the way to work--with the uppers on.

Mine is a TJ so there may be a difference, but my uppers have no support or "tie-ins" to the top. I am not sure has been many years since mt YJ but think it is the same way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I run mine most of the summer this way never an issue.

·
Registered
506 Posts
My bad didn't realize OP had a YJ:facepalm:
You're in the YJ form. :laugh:

By OP: I have half doors, but not the actual soft top piece. However, I noticed that there's a channel for the soft top uppers to attach to.

If that's the case for you, too, then you should be fine. Just drive around at 30 mph or so, and make sure. I don't think they'll be much of an issue.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I drove around on a few colder days last spring with my soft uppers and no top, nothing happened even at highway speeds. You should be just fine. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
I drive often with the soft upper doors on and not top. No issues, the uppers actually fit somewhat snug against the roll bar to the windshield. As weather warms up, I tend to put a bikini top on to keep the sun off me.

Jeff

·
Registered
272 Posts
You're in the YJ form. :laugh:

By OP: I have half doors, but not the actual soft top piece. However, I noticed that there's a channel for the soft top uppers to attach to.

If that's the case for you, too, then you should be fine. Just drive around at 30 mph or so, and make sure. I don't think they'll be much of an issue.
Yea I realize that now.... I was on the new post section, so everything pops up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts