Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're there locking and non locking half doors for 1992 Jeep YJs? I got a chance to but some half doors but no lock on them, at least not below the handle. Thanks

·
Registered
442 Posts
If someone wants in your jeep they'll get in whether its locked or not. Easy to cut a soft top and reach in. I'd rather leave it unlocked than have my soft top ruined. Thats just my opinion though....

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Yes the earlier YJ's had locking doors as an option. Some came with door locks on the half doors and other didn't. The higher priced base models (sahara,renegade) had the locking half doors, where as the stock sport models didn't.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Locking half doors were a sick joke by Jeep. They're as useless as the track bars

·
Registered
638 Posts
I use the locks do keep my Half Doors from walking off...and nothing else.

Funny as hell to see it topless and me using a key to unlock the door when I come back from the beach. I did have someone ask me about it. Told them I disconnected the interior lock and use JUST the key lock to keep the doors themselves from "falling off"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts