Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thought that I would post up the installation of my new LED H4 Headlights in the JK. Its a direct plug and play and these result in no flicker and no error codes. They are canbus and PWM compatible LED Headlights.
1800 Lumens
50 watts (2 x 25W) Hi/Lo Beam

I will post some night pics after heading out tonight. :) and also beam pattens etc photos later on.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
What is the retail price of those lights?

How do they compare to the Lifetime LEDs discussed hot and heavy in a current thread?

I look forward to seeing some meaningful beam shots.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I wonder if these have a better high beam pattern then the Lifetime LED headlights everyone is freaking out about right now ??

Edit: just looked at your speedo and your location, Whoa you're in Australia? Very cool!

And your bumper is different but looks stockish ?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
I wonder if these have a better high beam pattern then the Lifetime LED headlights everyone is freaking out about right now ??

Edit: just looked at your speedo and your location, Whoa you're in Australia? Very cool!

That's why I asked the OP if the housings were included. If the housing is designed for the LED sources they could be much better than using the stock housings with the Lifetimes. Focusing the light with the lenses is not quite as efficient as it is with the reflectors but the LEDs are so bright it may not matter.

Let's see what the beam patterns look like.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HI Yes, Im testing Australia so using the H4 euro JK Lights, but we have also tried the HID kits and various other incarnations of lights.

Ok so we arnt currently a vendor here on the forums, that may change going forward :) but I thought that I would offer my thoughts and comments about the bolt in lights and suggestions from someone thats tested these for the last few months.

The LED Headlights in H4 or H13 will provide a better result on a day to day driving situation. The LEDs dont suffer from warm up and bulb failure like the HID retro fit kits. They also offer a better beam spread pattern than HID kits. However that being said the light output is lower than HID.

These LED kits are PWM compatible and dont flicker offer instant on and great low beam performance, that where it stops. High beam offers no significant gain.

Some say its doesnt matter as thats what you have your light bars and driving lights for, so thats up to you.

We tested the HID kits and always found in the JK to have bad beam directions and this causes problems for other drivers, after all they are not designed for this. (The reflectors).

All LED and HID kits are also not road legal and sold as off road only in H13 and H4 for all Jk's. They are an easy 30 minute install and can be done by any home mechanic.

Am I happy with them - Yes, on low beam they do offer good performance and dont appear to cause problems to other road users.

Happy to offer more comments and thoughts of asked.

Stuart.

My driveway is on an angle so its throw the pattern up but you can see good cutoff and if level this is fine for usage.

Low beam shot below

High Beam shot below

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Yes we are now researching the actual manufacture of the LEDs to see if we can solve this.

Yes in OZ, we suffer from different vehicle compliance and dont get the same bumper, think they think we drive into pedestrians all the time. Its coming off as soon as funds permit :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts