Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever done or seen halo lights on a yj? I like the look of them on a jk and wanted to see if anyone had done them on their rig

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ya i just put some on last night...seem nice but a bit different look than the tj or jk ones...being square and all.. But they take h4 bulbs which is nice as well... I'll grab a pic when it gets darker...
Wanna try and figure out how to have the rings be on as DRL and blinkers... I've done so much wiring lately my mind is mush lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would love to see some pics when you get the chance, I feel ya on the wiring. Just went from stock gauges to electric and i swear i'm dreaming in wiring diagrams

·
Registered
87 Posts
This is just the green rings
Green Automotive lighting Headlamp Light Lighting
this is a close up of the light with ring on
Headlamp Automotive lighting Green Light Lighting
this is a farther back of both on
Automotive lighting Light Headlamp Lighting Auto part
And this one has green LEDs on behind the grill
Green Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Hood
Doing a black and green theme if ya can't tell lol. And ya I'm seeing wiring diagrams non stop in my head too haha..

·
Registered
405 Posts
that looks effing badass

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
They come in red, green, white, blue, and black light purple.

The cheapest place to get them is on Ebay. I have seen them as low as $35/set. Then you need to get a good set of quality H4 bulbs, because the bulbs that come with the lights are cheap, don't hold up well to vibration.

I have a set of the green ones in mine as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ya it was easy...I had already done the headlight relay mod as well, which I'd recommend.. It'll give u more juice and bulk up your wiring..the rest was simple really..I wired LEDs to a switch i have that has 6 slots for 12v for the time being.. They can be ran to use them as blinkers or to the parking lights as well.. I think I figured out how to wire them for both..just need a few relays, but that's a whole different headache lol.. It took longer to readjust my headlight aim more than anything really

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wouldn't jump on em yet tho...give me a few days to give u a good review... The high beams are a little scattered at the moment.maybe a bad light patter ..or i didn't really get a good alignment by the looks of it this morning...low beams seem good tho and I got plenty of aux lights so we will see...I'll let u know

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well an update...I realigned the headlights and the high beams suck..too much scatter even with 100w/80w Hella bulbs installed can't see jack. Worse than the lows....low beams work great and have a great cutoff tho too...I have some bi xenon halo projectors on the way that I'm gonna install into some headlights...so I might have to give these away..I don't think the projectors will fit in em..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just beware of the cheap Chinese sellers! I bought a set of eBay and they were suppose to be blue and look as nice as those green ones, but when the came in they were purple lights and the reflector housing was painted black?! It wouldn't throw light more than 2 foot in front of my YJ, even with new SilverStar bulbs. So I just went back to stock for now..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts