Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a JK today with what appears to be JW speaker lights with full round Halo. When turn signals were in it went from bright white to Amber. Thought that was pretty cool. Where can I get something like that? I have JW speaker lights J series currently. Love the light pattern

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Saw a JK today with what appears to be JW speaker lights with full round Halo. When turn signals were in it went from bright white to Amber. Thought that was pretty cool. Where can I get something like that? I have JW speaker lights J series currently. Love the light pattern
They were probably knock-offs.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
www.amazon.com/Approved-Daymaker-He...689190&sr=8-4&keywords=halo+led+lights+for+jk

Bought these last October. I was looking for something to get me by and get those horrible stock head lights out until I decided on which brand to by. They have Cree led's in them and really make a huge difference. Sometimes it's the old saying "you get what you pay for", but I don't regret buying these at the moment. It's all about what each individual likes and dislikes for their jeep.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm picking up my Rubicon Recon Friday and this is a mod I am interested in as well. Is there any concencus on who makes the best quality halo-type lights for the JK? I have seen some very cool looking ones on the road - very bright and have seen them in a variety of different colors. I've looked through some of the threads on this. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
I've got a set of Vortex VisionX LED headlights. I've never used the halos once I tested them out. I bought them because they had the best illumination based on a series of tests and reviews Headlight Revolution put out on YouTube.

https://www.visionxusa.com/shop/7-vortex-led-headlight/

They ain't cheap but are DOT approved.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I've been running a set of $120 Lantsuns from Amazon for almost a year now with ZERO problems and a great light pattern. If you live someplace that doesn't get frequent blizzards I recommend them in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a set of Cree halo lights that I am just waiting to install, will probably do that his weekend. I will let you know how I like them and how they work when I am done

·
Registered
336 Posts
I ended up buying some lights off a friend when he traded in his 2016 Hard Rock for a 2017 Recon. They are Race Sport Lighting.

https://www.racesportinc.com/E-Shop/p/7593/race-sport-7-pair-of-40-watt-led-projector-se

I wasn't a fan of the halo's initially. These have the option to go amber with the turn signal, but I didn't wire them up that way. I spliced into the main head light low beam light and the halos just turn on (white) when I turn my lights on.

Have a matching pair of fog lights, however, haven't installed them yet as I need to remove my bumper to access them. Lights are very bright and look good. Overall, :iamhappy:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I had a pair of those halo lights from Amazon. They were a huge improvement over the crappy stock headlights. Still, there were dark spots in the light and I wasn't crazy about the pattern. I upgraded again to JW Speaker. Even better! I am still rocking some of the knock off fog lights though. They're great!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello...I just installed these over the weekend:

https://www.extremeterrain.com/delta-led-halo-headlight-jk-01-1148-ledh.html

At first I had some dead spots, but once i adjusted the lights a little everything looked good. The one question I have for you all, how do I get it setup so that only my halos are on during the day and not my day time headlights? My jeep is from Canada, from what i have read they require day time headlights be on. The little research i have done says the best solution is to take it to the dealer and have them remove that feature.

thanks, Pat

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have been researching and plan to try out the surface mounted (external, no baking) Oracle brand halo. I have not yet purchased it. When I first bought my jeep I got the $170 amazon headlights with built in RGB halos but I now realize that my stock LED headlights are amazing and want to keep them

1 - 14 of 14 Posts