Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
There are aftermarket LEDs and HIDs (mostly Chinese) that incorporate halo rings. Considering how bad the OEM Jeep Halogens are, you are probably better off starting from scratch with new headlights.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are aftermarket LEDs and HIDs (mostly Chinese) that incorporate halo rings. Considering how bad the OEM Jeep Halogens are, you are probably better off starting from scratch with new headlights.
I have Jeep OEM LED headlights. That's why I was wondering about just the halo add-ons. I know Oracle Lighting makes a kit but they are shown being installed on the halogen headlights so I didn't know if they would work on the LED.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope. They won't work.

If you must have them, buy the Chinese junkers and hope.
So what is it about the factory halogen headlights that would allow the halo ring add-ons to stick to them that the factory LED headlights would not?

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I have Jeep OEM LED headlights. That's why I was wondering about just the halo add-ons. I know Oracle Lighting makes a kit but they are shown being installed on the halogen headlights so I didn't know if they would work on the LED.
I would stick with the OEM LED's- they are awesome :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
So what is it about the factory halogen headlights that would allow the halo ring add-ons to stick to them that the factory LED headlights would not?
I believe it is the smoothness/texture/shape of the glass.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'm under the impression that all of the aftermarket halo kits are installed inside the headlight housing. Maybe the oem led lights can't be pulled apart like other headlights??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm under the impression that all of the aftermarket halo kits are installed inside the headlight housing. Maybe the oem led lights can't be pulled apart like other headlights??
The ones made by Oracle Lighting are stick-on. Nothing has to come apart. I just haven't seen them applied to the factory LED headlights and was wondering if anybody else had.

Install vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXvHO4gmmxM

http://www.cjponyparts.com/oracle-l...erproof-white-jeep-wrangler-2007-2017/p/HLR3/

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
I love the look of the halos. Interested to see where this goes.

·
Registered
307 Posts
GDM, I never got them because I couldn't find enough feedback on them.
I just bought and installed them (on my OEM LED lights) this past weekend. Love the look, although to be fair they are more on the bluish white spectrum than pure white.

Install is straight forward, I did remove the grill just so I had plenty of room to work and also run the wiring from the passenger side to the driver's side where my ApolloIntec switch box is.

All the install videos recommend using an adhesive promoter prior to install, I did that just in case. They seem solid on the bezel, I am not concerned. Even rained on me already.

They are bright, to me look cool, and I am using them as DRL's. Got mine from CJPony parts, shipped fast and well packed. I even found a 5% off coupon on line (SAV5 I think).

Reactions: GDM

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just bought and installed them (on my OEM LED lights) this past weekend. Love the look, although to be fair they are more on the bluish white spectrum than pure white.

Install is straight forward, I did remove the grill just so I had plenty of room to work and also run the wiring from the passenger side to the driver's side where my ApolloIntec switch box is.

All the install videos recommend using an adhesive promoter prior to install, I did that just in case. They seem solid on the bezel, I am not concerned. Even rained on me already.

They are bright, to me look cool, and I am using them as DRL's. Got mine from CJPony parts, shipped fast and well packed. I even found a 5% off coupon on line (SAV5 I think).

Nice! Thanks for sharing. That may be what I need to pull the trigger on these. Got any pics? Did you tie into your parking lights or run a separate switch?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nice! Thanks for sharing. That may be what I need to pull the trigger on these. Got any pics? Did you tie into your parking lights or run a separate switch?
Mine are hooked up to a separate switch, using the ApolloIntec 6 switch system.

Here is a close up of the LED on the headlight, and then a picture of them on. Need to take a picture outside when they are on, not in a parking garage. They don't look like the picture shows them in person, they look really good.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I realize this is an old thread, but I just ordered this kit from Oracle: https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...ler-jk-oracle-halo-kit?variant=19415864901729

$279 and comes with the Bluetooth controller so you can use a phone app to change colors. Oracle chat support confirmed these will work / adhere with the factory LED headlights on our 2017 JK.

In case it doesn't come across, when ordering, the Halo Technology is 'SMD', and the Color is 'Colorshift - BC1'. BC1 denotes the Bluetooth controller.

I was specifically looking for a kit to change SOLID colors, not have a rainbow of colors on at once, nor motion / moving LEDs.

Hope this helps others.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I realize this is an old thread, but I just ordered this kit from Oracle: https://www.oraclelights.com/produc...ler-jk-oracle-halo-kit?variant=19415864901729

$279 and comes with the Bluetooth controller so you can use a phone app to change colors. Oracle chat support confirmed these will work / adhere with the factory LED headlights on our 2017 JK.

In case it doesn't come across, when ordering, the Halo Technology is 'SMD', and the Color is 'Colorshift - BC1'. BC1 denotes the Bluetooth controller.

I was specifically looking for a kit to change SOLID colors, not have a rainbow of colors on at once, nor motion / moving LEDs.

Hope this helps others.
Hi, thanks for spreading the knowledge! That is correct, and anyone is welcome to call 1-800-407-5776 or chat with us on www.oraclelights.com if there are additional questions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts