Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at adding a GRMS radio. I am going to keep the CB mounted and the antenna is currently on the rear tire carrier. For those running HAM or GRMS, where are you mounting your antenna?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to be running a GRMS and have looked at that exact antenna, but the midland is a 6db antenna. Do you have a pic of your mount?

·
Premium Member
36 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
I am going to be running a GRMS and have looked at that exact antenna, but the midland is a 6db antenna. Do you have a pic of your mount?
Would you mind sharing mount pics? Thanks.
I'll try tomorrow.

It's a 'stick on' ( peel strip adhesive) mount I got from AES. Normally it's a flat mount, but I lightly tapped the side with a hammer to make the corner, and add extra support.

The cord of the antenna is very small, will fit through any rubber weatherstrip. (You may need an adapter to a different fitting inside.)

I'm using a Yeasu FT-7800 and a Yeasu VX7-R with it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Here you go. I fold it down and tuck it in the soft top (2nd pic). I suppose some kind of clip could be used on a hard top.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
My dual band VHF/UHF antenna is mounted to the drivers fender by the cowl.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I run with both a CB and a GMRS radio and antennas. I made my own antenna mounts when I added a 3rd brake light extension for the 35" tires. I rarely use the CB since everyone seems to use the handheld GMRS radios. I have a Midland GMRS radio and a Cobra 75WXST CB radio. I made my own mike mount based off a Cool-Tec mount but I wanted mine to be taller. Either radio has a disconnect below the glovebox so I can switch out which one I need.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts