Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone live around the Hampton roads, tidewater area? I live in Chesapeake. I was just looking for some fellow jeepers to find some trails or have some wrenching parties. Or just to meet up sometime and get a whole bunch of wranglers together and just ride... I would love to join a club or start one. Any suggestions or ideas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Hey man hope all works out for you. I am a bit further north in delaware but always looking for a something to do. Let me know if you get something together. I love the bay bridge area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Hey whats up bro. I'm in va beach. I'm looking to head out to GW Nat Forest in january. My names Kyle. PM me if you wanna hook up dude
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey do any of you guys know of anywhere close by to do some trail rides. This tidewater area is terrible for legal places to ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Kevinm2467 said:
Hey do any of you guys know of anywhere close by to do some trail rides. This tidewater area is terrible for legal places to ride.
I've heard Starr motors in Suffolk has trails. Never been but just found out about them. The place in my profile pic is off Tim road behind the Norfolk airport but it runs through railroad tracks and city property so watch out for the po-po! People run their dirtbikes and fourwheelers back their I've talked to people that have gotten trespassing tickets but I've been like 15 times and been "warned" once. Also a spot behind jack rabit storage off birdneck road .... But also illegal.

Seriously we need a hr jeep club to purchase some land so we can run wild ...I'd pay for that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
89Jeezy said:
I've heard Starr motors in Suffolk has trails. Never been but just found out about them. The place in my profile pic is off Tim road behind the Norfolk airport but it runs through railroad tracks and city property so watch out for the po-po! People run their dirtbikes and fourwheelers back their I've talked to people that have gotten trespassing tickets but I've been like 15 times and been "warned" once. Also a spot behind jack rabit storage off birdneck road .... But also illegal.

Seriously we need a hr jeep club to purchase some land so we can run wild ...I'd pay for that.
Yeah I work in Suffolk off of main street usually. I'm gonna have to go check out that spot at Starr motors in Suffolk. I don't mind a little mud but I'm not one to go bury it also. This is my daily driver also, lol... I really would like to find some great trails and see what my baby has. I know where the airport is but not sure about the spot. Is the Starr motors place a legal place to ride? Should I ask someone or just go scope it out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Yeah from what I've been told Starr is a jeep/chrysler dealership they built the trails for a jeep event in like 2008 and still use it for that from time to time. I just googles Starr motors Suffolk trails and found some feedback from event attendees. Sounds fun but I'd be interested to see if you can just like drive up and use it anytime.... Like I said I've never been only heard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
89Jeezy said:
Yeah from what I've been told Starr is a jeep/chrysler dealership they built the trails for a jeep event in like 2008 and still use it for that from time to time. I just googles Starr motors Suffolk trails and found some feedback from event attendees. Sounds fun but I'd be interested to see if you can just like drive up and use it anytime.... Like I said I've never been only heard.
I'm gonna check it out this week. When are you planning to go to the airport again? I'm. Interested in checking it out! My family has a beach house in corolla that we go to in the summer. Some riding on the beach is fun also. My son is 9. I have full custody of him so he will be along also.I'm 31 by the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Hey everyone. My name is Rich. I live in the hilltop section. I know for a fact that the airport spot is off limits. I've been there and its not all that great. The spot off birdneck is a deep ass mud pit. I had to winch myself out pretty much. There is however a spot that I have been to a couple times that I'm not sure of the legality of it but it is a good time. The enterance is right off oceana blvd north of atlantis. Its more trails with some hills and such. A legit local club would be something I'm interested in joining.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
BomberJeep said:
Hey everyone. My name is Rich. I live in the hilltop section. I know for a fact that the airport spot is off limits. I've been there and its not all that great. The spot off birdneck is a deep ass mud pit. I had to winch myself out pretty much. There is however a spot that I have been to a couple times that I'm not sure of the legality of it but it is a good time. The enterance is right off oceana blvd north of atlantis. Its more trails with some hills and such. A legit local club would be something I'm interested in joining.
Rich is right theres not enough in either place to be entertained for longer than an hour ha. Ive really just gotten desperate to utilize 4 wheel drive.

I think I'm just going to drive down elbo road and take a random turn into the woods and see what happens ha..,jk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BomberJeep said:
Man a random run off of elbow road could prove fatal. Lol I got a winch and I'm used to getting the hey come help me calls.
Yeah elbow rd has some pretty big ditches to just get though and besides that rd is narrow as heck and very dark. I did find a couple spots about 1/4 mile from my house going underneath the power lines. But I'm not one to try un seen roads unless I got a friend with a 4x4 also. I feel I can make it but going from the pavement to the dirt looked pretty bad. That's where everyone was tearing it up. You can see where underneath their trucks was tearing the asphalt up just to get back on the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Yeah elbow rd has some pretty big ditches to just get though and besides that rd is narrow as heck and very dark. I did find a couple spots about 1/4 mile from my house going underneath the power lines. But I'm not one to try un seen roads unless I got a friend with a 4x4 also. I feel I can make it but going from the pavement to the dirt looked pretty bad. That's where everyone was tearing it up. You can see where underneath their trucks was tearing the asphalt up just to get back on the road.
Usually with an unexplored area I would walk it first just to get a lay of the land and see if your rig would even make it using your judgement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Hey im up for that. I've been wantin to get some folks together to go to the Shoe Creek up in Crabtree falls. Won't be back in H.R. until April though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Hey im up for that. I've been wantin to get some folks together to go to the Shoe Creek up in Crabtree falls. Won't be back in H.R. until April though.
Alright, it's April! What are we waiting for? :) I'm dying to get dirty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
i went out behind tim road last night, the hill in the very back by the lake is epic... some good mud too but im more of a fan of technical stuff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Hey fellas... Im in Chesapeake and work in VB near town center... I'd love to get my sh!tbox out to crabtree sometime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
312 Posts
If you guys are looking to plan a trip to shoe creek or potts mtn. I wheel with a few guys here in roanoke that I know would want to tag along. I'll keep checking back here to see what y'all are up to.
 
1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Top