Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this topic has been covered but, I searched and read thru lots of hardtop hoist threads and no one ever list the distance from the ceiling to the bottom edge of your hardtop, the surface that sits on the jeep body.

Please list the type of hoist, JK or JKU and distance in inches from ceiling to lowest point on the top and whether or not it is lifted as high as it will go.

Not only will this help me but, anyone else looking for as much head clearance as possible.
Everybody agonizing over this will appreciate your input.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,467 Posts
I've never measured the clearance (the top is currently on, so I cannot measure it) but my garage finished ceiling is 10'-4" and I can raise the HT with my Harken Hoister with plenty of clearance left. It's a 2013 JK with stock suspension and tires.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have a harken hoist with just a 8 1/2 foot ceiling.

Bottom edge measurement is 67 inches but I have a Yakima roof rack with bike racks on it the keep it from going up another 7 to 8 inches.

So 74 to 75 inches would be a typical measurement.

If you so the math you will see with a Harken it will get from one to two inches from ceiling. So add 2 inches to the height of your hardtop minus the height of your ceiling for yours.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a harken hoist with just a 8 1/2 foot ceiling. Bottom edge measurement is 67 inches but I have a Yakima roof rack with bike racks on it the keep it from going up another 7 to 8 inches. So 74 to 75 inches would be a typical measurement. If you so the math you will see with a Harken it will get from one to two inches from ceiling. So add 2 inches to the height of your hardtop minus the height of your ceiling for yours.
Great ! Just the kind of info I was after.
My top measures approx. 28 inches in height.

Thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keep em coming !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts