Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with these? It appears to open with the door. There is a second manual latch though that you would depress, then open the door with the door handle. Seems nice, but I don't know much about their tire carrier hinge.

Here's a few pics I grabbed online:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bump before the weekend. Does no one else like the "expedition" / "overland" style of this but me?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hi lysol,

I'm looking at these bumpers as well for my 2-door. Hanson is also PureJeep and I was looking at the PureJeep rear bumper with the rear fog light holes.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi lysol,

I'm looking at these bumpers as well for my 2-door. Hanson is also PureJeep and I was looking at the PureJeep rear bumper with the rear fog light holes.
I have been really confused with the 2 companies.... I'm guessing PureJeep is more for the rock crawling style? Their bumpers are more stubby it seems.

The first picture I posted is exactly what I want. I have seen a few threads however questioning their powdercoating quality which might lead to rust.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I like the styling on that one but she looks HEAVY. I'm looking for lightest rear bumper that carries rotopax. Waiting to see the LOD armor lite rear.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have been really confused with the 2 companies.... I'm guessing PureJeep is more for the rock crawling style? Their bumpers are more stubby it seems.

The first picture I posted is exactly what I want. I have seen a few threads however questioning their powdercoating quality which might lead to rust.
Yeah I'm not sure what's going on there either with the two companies. I did talk to them though and asked them about getting them installed on the way to or from a trip I have planned to the Sequioa/Kings Canyon National Park. Could be a fun side trek!

The products look solid and they're one of two solutions I'm looking at. The other is Rock Hard out of Nebraska as they have basket solutions too for gas and cargo. In the 2-door I need all the help I can get for my adventures!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm looking at. The other is Rock Hard out of Nebraska as they have basket solutions too for gas and cargo. In the 2-door I need all the help I can get for my adventures!
Does the Rockhard tire carrier "attach" to the rear door allowing everything to open "together"?

That's one of the main things I'm looking at. I want the swingaway and Jeep door to open as "one".

·
Registered
995 Posts
Something to consider.

Look at the tire carrier hinge on the right hand side.
Notice that there are 2 bolts that make the hinge more of a clamp than a cylinder.
I have a similar configuration on my bumper.

The down side to this is that when you open the swing away carrier more than 90 degrees then open the tailgate, the plastic hinge cover on the tailgate comes into contact with the corner of the clamp. This could result in a cracked hinge cover if you try to open the tailgate all the way

I installed a stop to keep this from happening but now cannot open the tailgate all the way. Not a big deal though.

Given that the carrier hinge is separate from the tailgate hinge, the two cannot open together - different radii on the sweeps.

Other than that, it looks great.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Given that the carrier hinge is separate from the tailgate hinge, the two cannot open together - different radii on the sweeps.

Other than that, it looks great.
If you are referring to the Hanson, they do in fact swing together. You are correct in that the pivot points (do not match along the vertical plane) are in different places so they can't be "joined" together perfectly. They are joined by a bar that is able to move.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another bump. I cannot find any good information on this tire carrier system. I might just end up going with AEV's and be done with it. I won't have a cargo system, but I will have a proven tire carrier...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts