Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Guy
4,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$349.99

Its winch season again...

The series-wound motor stays cool while the 3-stage planetary gear system provides fast line speed. Featuring an automatic load-holding brake for safety, this electric winch is a must-have for your next off-road adventure.

Font Automotive design Machine Auto part Cameras & optics

·
Registered
1997 Jeep Tj 4.0 Manual
19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,005 Posts
They used to be $300.00 on sale. That's a $50.00 jump in just a few months. That seems to be going on with everything.

I have one and the only time I needed it was to straighten out a gate post that some dummy hit with a trailer. It worked well for that.
Last year I took the cover off the relay box and put dielectric grease on the contacts and sealed the box with clear silicone. At the same time I pulled the cover off the gearbox and put more grease on the gears. The thin paper gasket fell apart, so I used a thin layer of RTV to seal the the cover. I'd be surprised if any parts are available for it.
It has a rather short duty cycle but for the price, and as much as I have used it, I can live with that.

Good Luck, L.M.

Attachments

Reactions: CJK2017

·
Registered
695 Posts
I had bought one of these with the intent to put it on a 3/4 ton truck, then returned it a few days later after I found an insane deal on a 12k Warn that I couldn't pass up, so the Badlands basically became a paper weight for me. I know a guy with the 12k Badlands but he hasn't used it yet for real. It looks to be a decently built winch, glad to hear some good reviews on it. If I need another one I'll probably give it another try.

·
Registered
1997 Jeep Tj 4.0 Manual
19 Posts
I swear all these winches are made in the same factory then just rebranded
Here is a Warn one for $260 more than the HF one

Here is one for $170 less than HF

All have very similar features and capacities for significantly different price points.
all are made with parts "sourced globally"

·
Super Moderator
14,005 Posts
Here is a Warn one for $260 more than the HF one https://amzn.to/30a22a7
Here is one for $170 less than HF https://amzn.to/3mZkYAW
All have very similar features and capacities for significantly different price points.
I've wondered the same thing.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "USStrongman, bài đăng: 35105750, thành viên: 1090250"]
$ 349.99

Nó trở lại mùa tời ...

Chuỗi động cơ vẫn mát trong khi hệ thống răng hành tinh 3 giai đoạn cung cấp tốc độ dòng nhanh. Được trang bị lưu trữ tự động để bảo đảm an toàn, điện thoại này là thứ cần phải có chuyến bay lưu lại địa chỉ của bạn.

[URL Unurl = "true"] ZXR 12,000 lb. Winch with Wire Rope [/ URL]

[ATTACH = full] 4527111 [/ ATTACH]

[/ TRÍCH DẪN]
$ 349,99

Nó lại đến mùa tời ...

Động cơ quấn loạt vẫn mát trong khi hệ thống bánh răng hành tinh 3 giai đoạn cung cấp tốc độ dòng nhanh. Được trang bị phanh giữ tải tự động để đảm bảo an toàn, tời điện này là thứ cần phải có cho chuyến phiêu lưu địa hình tiếp theo của bạn.

View attachment 4527111

[/TRÍCH DẪN]
$349.99

The series-wound motor stays cool while the 3-stage planetary gear system provides fast line speed. Featuring an automatic load-holding brake for safety, this electric winch is a must-have for your next off-road adventure.

View attachment 4527111

I found it quite useful. I often have to move a lot, using this motor is very enjoyable and works very well. I will give a lot of support and everyone should try it

·
Los Angeles
1993 Wrangler YJ 4.0
2,429 Posts
$ 349.99

Nó trở lại mùa tời ...

Chuỗi động cơ vẫn mát trong khi hệ thống răng hành tinh 3 giai đoạn cung cấp tốc độ dòng nhanh. Được trang bị lưu trữ tự động để bảo đảm an toàn, điện thoại này là thứ cần phải có chuyến bay lưu lại địa chỉ của bạn.

[ATTACH = full] 4527111 [/ ATTACH]

[/ TRÍCH DẪN]
$ 349,99

Nó lại đến mùa tời ...

Động cơ quấn loạt vẫn mát trong khi hệ thống bánh răng hành tinh 3 giai đoạn cung cấp tốc độ dòng nhanh. Được trang bị phanh giữ tải tự động để đảm bảo an toàn, tời điện này là thứ cần phải có cho chuyến phiêu lưu địa hình tiếp theo của bạn.

View attachment 4527111

[/TRÍCH DẪN]

I found it quite useful. I often have to move a lot, using this motor is very enjoyable and works very well. I will give a lot of support and everyone should try it
I agree 100%.

·
Premium Member
2012 JKU Rubi
503 Posts
"USStrongman said:
$349.99

www.harborfreight.com
ZXR 12,000 lb. Winch with Wire Rope
12000 lb. Off-Road Vehicle Electric Winch with Automatic Load-Holding Brake
www.harborfreight.com www.harborfreight.com

View attachment 4527111

www.harborfreight.com
ZXR 12,000 lb. Winch with Wire Rope
12000 lb. Off-Road Vehicle Electric Winch with Automatic Load-Holding Brake
www.harborfreight.com"

FTFY....

·
Super Moderator
14,005 Posts
I went back and forth between #1 post and #13 post a bunch of times.
What did you fix?

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU 3.6 Backcountry
457 Posts
Here is a Warn one for $260 more than the HF one

Here is one for $170 less than HF

They can be made in the same factory, and maybe even mostly of the same parts, but it does not necessarily mean the are mechanically identical.

Just wathced an air hammer comparison on Torque Test Channel. Two airhammers that look suspiciously the same, and for the most part even perform the same, but there are mechanical differences that effect some aspects of performance:

I bet there are differences between HF, X-Bull and Warn. Gears may and may not be hardened, or made of differet alloys, bearings etc may differ.

Whether or not these make any difference is a question of it's own, depends largely on use... daily, monthly, weekly? How close to max capacity are you winching etc.

I personally find it hard to justify the price gap between Warn and others, but then again, I'm not a hc offroader.

·
Super Moderator
14,005 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts