Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I swear all these winches are made in the same factory then just rebranded
Here is a Warn one for $260 more than the HF one

Here is one for $170 less than HF

All have very similar features and capacities for significantly different price points.
all are made with parts "sourced globally"
Not a fan of the warn EVO series unfortunately. Take a look at the drop in pull strength per wrap in comparsion to any other.

Warn may have dropped the motor power to meet the price pt and amp ratings of the competition Chinese made ones. Just occurs that way, I am no expert though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have this wench on my TJ. It has pulled me out of holes and held up. Only thing I would do different, would be get the synthetic rope. As its a pain in the ass to put WD40 or grease on the wire rope after use. Also it kinks very easy, which weakens it.

·
Retired Moderator
104,286 Posts
I have this wench on my TJ. It has pulled me out of holes and held up. Only thing I would do different, would be get the synthetic rope. As its a pain in the ass to put WD40 or grease on the wire rope after use. Also it kinks very easy, which weakens it.
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I swear all these winches are made in the same factory then just rebranded
Here is a Warn one for $260 more than the HF one

Here is one for $170 less than HF

All have very similar features and capacities for significantly different price points.
all are made with parts "sourced globally"
They are. Importers negotiate with the same factory to secure a particular build of the same product, paying extra for higher QC binned parts, extra features, better paint finish, etc. We can gain some insight from consumer reputation and reviews of the importer to gauge quality but you never know. They could also be identical other than painted a different color and sold at low price by HF because of their reputation for low price tools, and sold at high price by Snap-On Rip-Off or whoever because of the price commanded by their reputation.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts