Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i have a 95 and the problem is with the drivers side door....it will open likes it brand new using either interior or exterior handle.....but then an hour later nothing!! i pull either handle and the door doesnt engage....i push the locking mechanism in and out, yank on the door a little and finally it works but in the last few days it has been getting worse. harder to correct the problem! is it something sticking that needs lube or is it something that only catches when it wants to? thanks

·
Registered
450 Posts
I haven't had that problem but I did swap out my locks and it's pretty easy to remove the interior panels so you can clean things up and lube all the moving parts.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mine does that, its the lock. when its in the unlock position, from the side press the lock down hard further into the unlock position and while doing that pull the handle. it will work. Mine been this way for a couple months now. Ive just honestly been to lazy to take the door apart to fix it correctly.

·
Registered
138 Posts
mine got stuck closed, took several days to get back open. latch assembly was all gunked up. took it out, cleaned it up and sprayed down with white lithium grease. no problems since.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
It's just telling you to ditch the damn doors.:thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks to all!!!!!! i will eventually take the trim off and see whats up! its just been a little cold here in the great northeast....i think i need to move!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My door use to do the same on my YJ. I pulled the trim on the door and found the linkage bar was bent. With a little straightening while it was still in the door allowed the latch to now work properly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pulled trim off and just lubed....the door works fine......as soon as that was fixed the brake lights just quit on me!!!!! grrr!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts