Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running the 2 piece soft doors since I got my jeep. It's getting cold so I finally put the hard doors on. It really makes the jeep crowded and I'm not a huge guy. It's not too bad with the window down but with it up there is nowhere to put my left arm! Oh well, guess it's something I'll have to get used to.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I've been running the 2 piece soft doors since I got my jeep. It's getting cold so I finally put the hard doors on. It really makes the jeep crowded and I'm not a huge guy. It's not too bad with the window down but with it up there is nowhere to put my left arm! Oh well, guess it's something I'll have to get used to.
Get some half doors. Plenty more room for the elbows.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Its been 50 degrees up here in Boston the past couple of mornings at 6am and with no doors on at 70mph, that is COLD... Nothing a winter coat and hat can't solve. I'm trying to make it to Thanksgiving without the doors, the Jeep just isn't as fun with them on.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
mark2215 said:
They make armrests for full doors...

·
Registered
496 Posts
I've been thinking the same thing about my hard doors. No where to put your arm unless the window is open. Wife suggested the arm rests that attach where the handles on the doors are now. Think I'm going to make the purchase soon. Definitely less room in the jeep with the hard doors on but they sure do make for a more comfortable winter. Love my hard doors and would never get rid of them but an arm rest would be nice. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its been 50 degrees up here in Boston the past couple of mornings at 6am and with no doors on at 70mph, that is COLD... Nothing a winter coat and hat can't solve. I'm trying to make it to Thanksgiving without the doors, the Jeep just isn't as fun with them on.
If it was just me I wouldn't care but driving the kids to daycare every day wouldn't be very nice when it's 40 degrees if I had no doors. The reason I switched to the hard doors is scraping the frost off the plastic windows really sucks!

I'll look into the arm rests, might make things a little better.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think you will have difficulty tumbling your seat forward with arm rests.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I think you will have difficulty tumbling your seat forward with arm rests.
How often do you tumble the seat forward with the doors closed?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Anyone got a pic of these arm rests? I have the same issue as the OP

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have them on my full doors. I'd take my half doors over them any day personally. They are nice to have some where to put your arm but they arent that wide. They also make it harder to roll down the window since the crank comes so close to the armrest. There it no problem tumbling the seats even if the door is closed. That is all.

·
Registered
312 Posts
homebrwd said:
How often do you tumble the seat forward with the doors closed?
Good thought......I feel a little dumb now

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I've had the Rampage arm rests for 5 years and they are nice to have and look better than the cheap plastic straps. Misch also make some but are a lot more expensive.

·
Registered
'97 TJ, 4L engine
85 Posts
I have them on my full doors. I'd take my half doors over them any day personally. They are nice to have some where to put your arm but they arent that wide. They also make it harder to roll down the window since the crank comes so close to the armrest. There it no problem tumbling the seats even if the door is closed. That is all.
After all these years owning my '97 TJ I have to ask - Is the driver's seat supposed to tumble like the passenger seat does? I know I've tried it a few times but I couldn't figure it out. Duh.....

OK - I was inspired to go look at my driver's seat again. It will not tumble. No way. The seat back doesn't even fold forward past vertical. The mechanism to tumble is just not there.
.:banghead:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
epossum said:
After all these years owning my '97 TJ I have to ask - Is the driver's seat supposed to tumble like the passenger seat does? I know I've tried it a few times but I couldn't figure it out. Duh......:banghead:
My driver used to tumble and now it doesn't. I can't figure out why it stopped. PITA. You might be in same situation.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts