Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The door handles/latches on my Jeep are very tough to open, I feel like I will someday rip the handle off the door. It is smooth moving out, but at the very end of the handle opening motion, the doors still don`t release, and I have to pull hard to open them. Any solution to this ?

·
Registered
447 Posts
If you want it fixed, you probably are gonna have to take the door panel off and look around inside to see what the problem is. See if any of the parts are bent or need some lube.

Just, the TJ door opening mechanism really could have been designed better, because so many people have problems with it malfunctioning. My passenger door's opening mechanism broke a little while ago, and thankfully it was an easy fix, but I still had to take the door panel off and do a bunch of hand work to the mechanism.

Good luck!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I don't have any problems with mine. That is probably due to the fact they are constantly being adjusted by the seat belt getting caught in the latch:banghead:

This will go away when the seatbelts finally wear through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts