Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All!

I have a 2003 Wrangler Freedom Edition, and have a re-occuring automatic transmission/PCM issue. A couple of years ago, a hard down shift into 1st gear occured. If the over-drive was shut off, the down shift was normal. A reptuable transmission shop performed diagnostics, and determined that there was no mechanical issue, and that it was an electronic problem. The PCM was re-flashed, and normal shifting returned. This lasted for over a year, and the same issue has returned twice, and twice more re-flashing corrected the problem. Today, it has returned again...I would assume a re-flash is in order, however I'd like to find out why this keeps returning. Anyone have this issue before, and found a solution. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Try leaving your positive battery cable off overnight. If it's an issue in volatile storage, that'll clear it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.......I'm having some diagnostics done in the morning, I'll update the findings as soon as I have some new info.

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts