Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time i hit a bump my front passenger side makes a brutal hard noise.thought it was shocks did that an no fix. Then did ball joints an still no luck. What else could it be? Springs are shot??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could be a lot of things. If you happen to have a GoPro you can rig it up to examine what may be causing that noise during drive time.

Best bet is to have a shop figure it out by putting it on a rack and doing some digging, Goodyear has been good to me with regards to those sorts of services. They will give you a price to fix and you can say no or fix it etc... Minimal charge for that service if any.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Make sure everything is tight down there. Control arm bolts and such. Anything that is moving with suspension. Good luck finding what it is!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wheel bearing, control arms bushings, track bar bushings, loose caliper, tie rod bushings, sway bar mounts and links. These things make many clunks for many reasons.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I second the engine mount. I redid my mounts and my rattle went away. I posted about it last week if you looks at my posts you can watch a video and see if it sounds similar.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I had a terrible rattle and sounds on each pothole from my driver side wheel well.

it turned out to be a loose top nut that holds the inner lining of the fender flare - plastic was hitting the frame and I swear if felt as the axle fell off.

1.5 turns of the nut and it was all quiet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts