Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there currently any 'plug n play' LED fog light options for the 10A/HR bumper?? Will the upcoming MOPAR fogs fit? I just don't want to be in the splicing/adapter bracket world unless there are no other options...

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
The JWSpeakers "J" are plug-n-play and Great lights. I had to do a slice on my JWS non-J's but it wasn't any big deal. Do a solder joint and heat shrink but I already owned them so I wasn't buying "J"s just to avoid a 5 minute install.
Oh there is the adapter bracket too so.... there is that too.:)

·
Registered
4,017 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Yes - The 6145 fogs for '15 require an adapter and mounting bracket for the HR bumper. The J headlights couldn't have been easier to install. I don't know why there isn't a similar fog solution.
Kewl, I ordered it a few hours ago along with the JW 6145 brackets from Maximus-3 for my 16HRR :iamhappy:. Thx

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
anyone have a link to the brackets that are needed for the 6145 / Hard Rock bumper?
This is what I ordered from Maximus-3
https://maximus-3.com/home/maximus-3-jw-speaker-fog-light-brackets-fits-kc-hilites-4-gravity-led-fog-light

Headlight revolution also makes a pair, but the price is higher
Jeep JK Rubicon X Bumper Mounts for 6145 Fog Lights

You will also want this harness if you want to use factory wiring and NOT splice wires
http://www.headlightrevolution.com/Jeep_LED_Foglight_Harness_p/jeep-harness1.htm

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
I don't know why there isn't a similar fog solution.
What ever happened to the full "plug and play" LED driving lights specifically for the 10A/X/HR from Quadratec? Its been what, a year since they posted here that such will be out soon?

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
The JWSpeakers "J" are plug-n-play and Great lights. I had to do a slice on my JWS non-J's but it wasn't any big deal. Do a solder joint and heat shrink but I already owned them so I wasn't buying "J"s just to avoid a 5 minute install.

Are all 6145's, part of the "J" series? In shopping around, not all websites mention that their 6145's are also "J" series.

If there are both J and non-J versions of the 6145's, what's the difference?

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
Are all 6145's, part of the "J" series? In shopping around, not all websites mention that their 6145's are also "J" series.

If there are both J and non-J versions of the 6145's, what's the difference?
"J" is the new version from JWS that has the anti-flicker circuitry built in not requiring AF's for either the Heads or the Fogs along with a couple other tweaks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I installed my 8700 Evolution J and 6145 J Series Fog lights yesterday in my Hard Rock.

The headlights took about 20 minutes.

As Unstuck 16 mentioned, I purchased the adapter bracket for the metal bumper from Maximus-3. I got the fog light adapter for the 6145 J's from Headlight Revolution. This is needed because Jeep changed the fog light connector for the 2011+ models. The fog lights took about 30 minutes to install and you need to use Tin-snips or a dremel to take off the bracket tabs on one side of the fog lights. It was easy to do and doesn't need to be that clean, it is just to allow clearance in the Hard rock bumper.

I could not be happier with how they look on the Jeep and how bright and white they are on the road. This is one mod that was definitely worth the money.

You can see the before after for the Fog lights below. I have one original and one JW Speaker installed in this pic for comparison. I love the blacked out look.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the pic Sweeper-X. I went with the black headlights for my Tank HR and the black fogs look incredible. I guess I'll just have to buy the adapters & brackets and spool up some 6145 J's.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From the Mopar website it appears that the Mopar LED fog lights w/ Installation Kit (part #82214785) bolt in. Can someone confirm? And are they black finish or chrome??

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
you can also get the $25 ebay plug and play led bulb replacements. I just installed mine today and it matches my JW Speaker headlights in terms of brightness/color.

There is a flicker though, i have the LED replacement bulb and there is a flicker. The color matches nicely but there is too much glare to run all the time at night (perfect for DRL's which is how I used them)

I want the JW speaker LED's but can't swallow the price (buying the headlights were hard enough), especially when I need a bracket and a harness.....

·
Registered
10,170 Posts
you can also get the $25 ebay plug and play led bulb replacements.
That's the route I ended up taking, and I'm quite pleased with the results. A lot brighter, pretty inexpensive, and easy to install.

Just make sure you get the correct LED bulbs; ones with the exact same connector.

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
There is a flicker though, i have the LED replacement bulb and there is a flicker. The color matches nicely but there is too much glare to run all the time at night (perfect for DRL's which is how I used them) I want the JW speaker LED's but can't swallow the price (buying the headlights were hard enough), especially when I need a bracket and a harness.....
It's gonna be my first time using them today at night. I'll report back. Mine are also set to drl. If flicker/glare distracts me, I'll be purchasing jw speaker fogs.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
It's gonna be my first time using them today at night. I'll report back. Mine are also set to drl. If flicker/glare distracts me, I'll be purchasing jw speaker fogs.
The glare you will see on signs and tree tops. I was flashed once with my fogs on and since not running them at night I haven't been flashed.

The flicker is very subtle and I only notice it when pulling into my garage or up to my garage door at night.

·
Rube Goldberg
2,347 Posts
From the Mopar website it appears that the Mopar LED fog lights w/ Installation Kit (part #82214785) bolt in. Can someone confirm? And are they black finish or chrome??
Based on the picture on the website, it appears they are black.

Also, I got the dealer to pull instructions from StarLink or SkyNet or whatever the :censored: the system is called.

Here's a picture from the first page of the instructions.

No need for all the bullhonkey that you have to go through to install the JWS fogs in the Hard Rock bumper, based on my read of the instructions.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 125 Posts