Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I am doing this from my iPad, it might be strangely formatted. So, likely with a few hundred thousand other people, I bought a Hard Rock, a black Hard Rock, just like so many others. Being the way I am, I had to modify, change and improve it to my taste, so without further ado.
Since you know what a stock Hard Rock looks like, voila, Method NV's with 35" General Grabbers.

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is sitting pretty nice, at this point, but I wanted a little more. I wanted the Metal cloak fender flares, but I also had reasons to want fenders on a bit sooner. I also needed to test out the suspension. So I made a quick desert run. You will also notice a few other things, like the spare tire delete, with a block off plate, and the CB installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a nice little run. Got a little dirty, and may or may not have added a few scratches.this was all in preparation for EJS, because if you got it, why not use it? Am I right?
Incidentally, if you look at the passenger side on the bumper, there is a white spot. I had to climb a shelf, and needed to stuff my bumper into the rock to get up the shelf. "Nothing but a flesh wound"

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And I took the front and rear ends off the Hard Rock bumpers. A simple, free thing to do that I think improved the appearance of the front. The jury is still out on the rear bumper. I wish there was someone that made a premanufactured end cap for the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I mentioned earlier that I had installed Metal Cloak skids. These things are beautiful. Clear coat zinc coating, and they looked fantastic. It sure gives a lot of confidence when you don't have to worry about destroying the vital bits underneath.

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
Very nice looking jeep! :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
819 Posts
The first horrible picture is of a poison spyder diff cover. I put them on front and back, because I have no desire to have a peeled back diff cover in the middle of nowhere.

The second picture is where I mounted my shovel and Jack. It cost me about $8.00 for everything to mount both, and it is out of the way, doesn't rattle, and I think it looks pretty good.

The final picture is my license plate mount. I used a Poison spyder LED third brake light and license plate light, I tapped into the wires for the original honking huge brake light, and drilled a small hole to go through to attach to the tail lights for the license plate. I wrapped the wire going through the hole with plenty of electrical tape, so that it protects the insulation. I think I like it because it is pretty unobtrusive.
I like subtle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Looking good man! It's crazy how that all adds up so quickly! I just converted my Hard Rock bumpers to Metalcloak and am doing MC fenders and the 3.5" Gamechanger as well, I can't wait. I'll be following along. And my wife completely agrees about it being the stupid money build!

·
Registered
819 Posts
So I took a friend and his sons out the other day, and came across this. Yes, I did crawl up it, yes, it seemed effortless, and yes, I was pretty stoked on how everything performed. and sorry it is sideways. That is not how it showed up on my computer.

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very nice. I really like. How long did you wait for the MC fenders?

I wanted them, but the wait was too long. I used the Poison Spyder crusher fenders because I am not a patient person, and I knew I was going to Moab in a couple of days, and I wanted that part done.
I do like the Poison Spuder fenders better than I thought I would, though.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts