Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2964 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, brand new to the forum. I just picked a 2016 Hard Rock on Dec. 31st. My wife's been wanting a JK for some time now, with the agreement that I would build it up for her...how could I say no to that! Here's a few pics to document this journey...

Dealer pick up...

A couple more from today...

BUILD LIST AS OF: Feb. 23, 2016

~ Maximus-3 Stinger
~ J.W. Speaker 8700 Evo J Headlamps
~ J.W. Speaker 6145 J Series Fogs
~ Mopar Stainless Sills
~ M.O.R.E. Dead Pedal
~ Springtail M-Pac
~ Raxiom Factory GPS Back-Up System
~ Recon LED Tails/ R.R. Covers
~ ProCal
~ Banks Ram-Air Intake
~ MBRP Dual Axle Back Exhaust
~ sPod
~ ARB-21 LED Spots
~ Rigid Industries D2 Driving, Dually Floods

-Steven

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
428 Posts
Welcome! Nice choice. We did just the same a few days ago ourselves.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! Nice choice. We did just the same a few days ago ourselves.
Thanks DHart! I grew up in the Valley, and we have land in the mountains nears Prescott. Hoping to take the JKHR into the Southwest one day soon.

-Steven

·
Registered
428 Posts
Thanks DHart! I grew up in the Valley, and we have land in the mountains nears Prescott. Hoping to take the JKHR into the Southwest one day soon.

-Steven
Hope you get the chance to soon, with your Jeep! In the meantime... here's something to remind you of the area, taken yesterday, sunset on New Year's Eve.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hope you get the chance to soon, with your Jeep! In the meantime... here's something to remind you of the area, taken yesterday, sunset on New Year's Eve.
That's gorgeous, and does make me long for AZ!

-Steven

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Nice! Enjoy the new Jeep!!

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Thanks Unstuck...your work on your JK is great inspiration!

-Steven
Thx!!
A few good things to do with a new Jeep:
1) Calibrate your throttle (with the key in the "ON" position SLOWLY press the gas pedal fully to the floor then raise it at the same pace).
2) Find an open parking lot and drive in circles to calibrate you Jeep compass so it stops flashing "CAL"
3) Lower the tire pressure to 32-35 for a softer ride (my dealer had mine at 42psi)
Look forward to seeing what you have planned, I'm sure you've got a few mod plans for the future :beerdrinking:. Good Luck!!

Reactions: Henricus

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thx!!
A few good things to do with a new Jeep:
1) Calibrate your throttle (with the key in the "ON" position SLOWLY press the gas pedal fully to the floor then raise it at the same pace).
2) Find an open parking lot and drive in circles to calibrate you Jeep compass so it stops flashing "CAL"
3) Lower the tire pressure to 32-35 for a softer ride (my dealer had mine at 42psi)
Look forward to seeing what you have planned, I'm sure you've got a few mod plans for the future :beerdrinking:. Good Luck!!
Wow! Thanks for the help!

1) Did not know this, we'll get on it. When you say calibrating, can you explain what to expect?
2) Already done (was out doing this am).
3) Will do this!

First up mods will be upgrading factory headlamps and fogs. I've ordered the J.W. Speaker Evo 8700 J series and 6145 J series fogs. I have built XJ that I upgraded with the Trucklite LED's...huge improvement.

Here's a pic of my XJ...

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it and makes me feel welcome here. Let's stay in touch:thumb:

-Steven

Reactions: Mudman1

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Wow! Thanks for the help!

1) Did not know this, we'll get on it. When you say calibrating, can you explain what to expect?
2) Already done (was out doing this am).
3) Will do this!

First up mods will be upgrading factory headlamps and fogs. I've ordered the J.W. Speaker Evo 8700 J series and 6145 J series fogs. I have built XJ that I upgraded with the Trucklite LED's...huge improvement.

Here's a pic of my XJ...

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it and makes me feel welcome here. Let's stay in touch:thumb:

-Steven
People say it gives you better throttle response, some notice it some don't :bop:. Maybe it's a placebo effect but I think it's more responsive.
BTW, Great looking XJ, I'm sure your JK will be just as awesome :happyyes:.

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
People say it gives you better throttle response, some notice it some don't :bop:. Maybe it's a placebo effect but I think it's more responsive.
BTW, Great looking XJ, I'm sure your JK will be just as awesome :happyyes:.
I'm going to try it, thanks!

-Steven

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One other mod you might consider, especially if you experience hot climates, is to open up the hood vents on the Power Dome hood. Oddly, the vents are merely cosmetic, as shipped from the factory. I followed the thread here on how to open them up... have you seen it?

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/rubicon-hardrock-hood-vent-mod-done-1380609-2.html

Now my Power Dome Hood actually breathes!
Thanks DHart, thanks for the link. I have seen that, as I've been scouring the forums, trying to get educated before buying the RHRU. I'm a little paranoid about melting snow re-freezing on the belts, alt, etc., I would see that a lot here in Chicago. I need to study this out a little more. I also want understand exactly where/what the water falls onto from the factory hood vent design. What has been your favorite mod so far?

On a separate note, have ever taken your JKU to Crown King? We like to make the run on the bikes from our place near Walker.

-Steven

·
Registered
997 Posts
Nice jeep and bike

I purchased my JKU RHR back in September.... And purchased a yz450f in October :)

Many do have concerns with water going into the engine however the way I see it, it's still getting in there it's just the water is entering from a larger opening.

Looking forward to seeing what you do do with it

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice jeep and bike

I purchased my JKU RHR back in September.... And purchased a yz450f in October :)

Many do have concerns with water going into the engine however the way I see it, it's still getting in there it's just the water is entering from a larger opening.

Looking forward to seeing what you do do with it
Nice!!! It's easy to see the correlation with Jeeps and bikes...very customizable, sense/statement of freedom, etc.. Where do you ride?

It's not the water that would worry me, it's the possibility of ice forming on some components...

-Steven

1 - 20 of 2964 Posts