Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone clear up 4 me what lift will get my 2016 Hard Rock to the same height as a regular Rubicon with a 3 1/2" lift. I dont rock crawl but need the height for access to my mountain home. I will be running 35x12.50 / 17's. I want to use either the Rubicon express or Teraflex. I dont want chinese shocks or any other foreign parts if possible. Thanks in advance.
Waiting for my 16 Hard Rock... Loaded less touch screen & nav.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
The suspension on an HR is identical to a "regular" Rubicon.... so the answer to your question is "The same lift that's on the Rubicon you're using as a reference"...

Pick your poison... there are plenty of choices....

That said... you don't need 3.5" to fit those tires... 2.5" is plenty.... The reason I say this is that at 3.5" you're right at the edge where you really need to replace a bunch of expensive parts to "do it right" -- with 2.5", you can get away with springs, shocks, bump stops and that's about it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 4 the info guys. Yes my place is deep in the Southern CO Rockies. I am above 8,000 ft.and over 10 miles to the nearest hard road. Yes, its a house not a cabin. The snow isnt really the issue. Its the mud thats soft & sticky. I will start off with the 2 1/2" for now. I bought a new 2500 cclb dsl Ram 4x4 lbox with 3" lift & 35's and barely am able to make it in the spring. All 4 Nitto MT 35's spinnining. Rock on..

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I'd love to live 10 miles from paved roads!

I don't want to start an internet whizzing contest here, but I think Your Jeep will do much better than your pickup truck. I know know, I love my pickup too!
It sounds like traction in the mud is more of an issue than clearing large obstacles, so maybe someone can suggest a good mud tire?
I agree with pkai, 2.5" lift will most likely do.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Does anyone know if a 35x12.50/17 tire will fit in the stock Hard Rock OEM rear bumper?
It will fit with a spacer and longer rubber bumper cushions. Your 3rd tail light will be barely vusible. A friend has had one for a couple of years with no issues.... BUT he does not off-road at all.

The OEM carrier was NOT designed for that much weight and eventually, you will screw up the tailgate if you off-road at all or even drive rough roads hitting bumps, etc..... There are several solutions to reinforce/replace the hinges or replace the carrier altogether. Search around you will find plenty of info.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Get the Teraflex 3" spring kit and their 9550 shocks, bolt on your wheels and tires and don't look back.

If you have a little extra cash, get the Fox shocks and their HD track bar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts