Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello does anyone know the process to remove the rear bumper cap on the hard rock rubicon? The specific piece I'm talking about looks like this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, the end result is to look like this.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If you take the insert on the back of the bumper out it will allow you to see the bolts I am about to talk about. The plastic end cap is held on by 3 bolts into the main portion of the bumper. If you crawl under the Jeep, you will be able to access them easier because they are facing towards the front of the vehicle. If you take those out you should be good to go!

If you have any questions let me know and I'll do my best to try to help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Thank you so much! :) , and I can assume that the insert just pops off with a flat head screwdriver?
Yep, it just pops out. Be careful, and gentle so that you don't break the tabs that hold it in the bumper. Start with the side closest to the spare tire on each side because the other side has an "alignment tab" that does not allow that side to be pulled out.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Looks like just the right place to loose hardware (bolts, nuts, washers), if one happens to drop such. :D
Ive actually done just that, and almost lost a clip for the insert when I took this picture. I should've learned my lesson, but I like this spot because its a big end spot.

·
Registered
381 Posts
did you do this?

Did you remove the plastic end caps? do you have pictures of the resulting metal bumper ends? I am curious if the forward facing end of the metal bumper looks finished after removal of the plastic?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Did you remove the plastic end caps? do you have pictures of the resulting metal bumper ends? I am curious if the forward facing end of the metal bumper looks finished after removal of the plastic?
I had to take them out to route my roof rack to the frame.
It does look unfinished, just the thin metal exposed, kind of hard to see here:

·
Registered
381 Posts
much appreciated. I was thinking of removing the end caps just for looks, but didn't want it to look like a piece just got ripped off, or reveal a cheap looking bumper end.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello does anyone know the process to remove the rear bumper cap on the hard rock rubicon? The specific piece I'm talking about looks like this.

Sorry to bump an old post, but does anyone know if Mopar sells these end caps separately? I've searched, but can't come up with anything.
Part number?

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts