2008 Jeep JKU
Steel Blue
100,000 k
6 Speed Manual

Upgrades/Mod's so far:

-Willy's Edition wheels
-33' BFG Mud Terrain Tires
-Rubicon Rock Sliders
-Rubicon hard rock suspension (Springs, shocks, lower control arms & sway bar links)
-Rubicon Hard Rock 'stubby' front bumper
- DIY Grill guard.

lots more on my 'to-do' list...

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nxt was the old suspension. Found take-offs from a new 2017 rubicon hard rock edition with only about 6000k on them. 4 high spring rated springs and 4 rubi (red) gas shocks, 2 front lower control arms and 2 front sway bar end links. Installed with my buddies help in his driveway.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'm curious about the DIY grille. Is that material only found online or is there a store you found it at locally?

Reactions: Grips11

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi

All bought at store.
The plastic gutter guard is about $6 at Canadian Tire (or any home hardware type store).

Zip ties $5-$6 bag 0f 30

Zip tie downs $5-6 bag of 20

Prob. only cost me about $20 "all-in" to do this mod.

Here is the youtube tutorial I used (there are also many threads in this forum on how to do it):

·
Registered
493 Posts
Nxt was the old suspension. Found take-offs from a new 2017 rubicon hard rock edition with only about 6000k on them.
I'm impressed that someone was able to put 6 million miles on a 2017 Wrangler. I assume those are mostly highway miles...

Reactions: Grips11

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm impressed that someone was able to put 6 million miles on a 2017 Wrangler. I assume those are mostly highway miles...

6 million kilometers would be 6,000,000 k
I'm fairly certain i said 6000 k

or 'six thousand kilometers' if you prefer.

:)

·
Registered
493 Posts
6 million kilometers would be 6,000,000 k
I'm fairly certain i said 6000 k

or 'six thousand kilometers' if you prefer.

:)
Ahh, I see. I was amused because it appeared you (unintentionally) used k as ",000" for thousands. I would expect "km" for kilometers so that never even crossed my mind.

:beerdrinking:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah after I replied then thought about it some more... I realized it was the imperial vs. metric that was the confusion.

I am in Canada :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Removed hood spring to eliminate hood flutter on highway.

BONUS: It also got rid rid of an annoying squeak in the front end i was getting going over speed bumps.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
EVO MFG Rear Steel BLK Fascia and EVO Rear D-Ring Mount JK Combo Install

EVO MFG Rear Steel BLK Fascia and EVO Rear D-Ring Mount JK Combo Install

1. Remove the 2 bolts on each side of the rear frame attaching factory rear bumper to frame.
Both passenger and driver sides. Retain bolts, they will be reused.
2. Remove the two bolts, one on driver and one on passenger side threaded into back of
bumper just under rear door. These can be accessed from underneath the vehicle just on
top of rear most crossmember on frame.
3. Remove bumper
4. Some JKs come with hooks and tow points on either the driver or passenger side rear
frame rail. These will need to be removed.
5. With the rear frame rails now completely exposed, insert the EVO rear D-Ring mounts into
the rectangle opening on the rear frame on the driver side. May need to be tapped into
frame.
6. The rear bolt uses the smaller washer on the inside of the frame and the supplied nut
plate. This nut plate will need to be fit into the gap on the crossmember on the rear of the
vehicle to assess the bolt. This can be done by cutting/grinding a small amount of the
metal until the nut can be fished in or with a few taps of a hammer to open the hole
slightly (we used pliars to bend the metal down on the rear crossmember slightly to open the hole so the flag nut would fit in).
7. **Use vice grips - one on either side to hold the flag nuts in place.
8. Once the flag nut is in on both sides and you have vice grips holding them in place use the pliars again to bend the metal back up in the opening you just widened in rear crossmember.
9. The rear fascia and the rear D-Ring mounts use the same hardware so the next step after inserting the flag nut on each side and re-closing the rear crossmember is to
10. Put the rear fascia on.
11. Supplied are two side mount plates (ones with “EVO” cut into them), one for the driver and
one for the passenger side. Only difference is the logo will be opposite. With the driver
side plate, logo legible, loosely install the two bolts through the EVO side mount plate that
originally held on the bumper onto the side of the frame into their original holes.
12. Install the 9/16” bolts with a small washer on the head side through the side mount plate
then the frame and EVO D-Ring mounts.
13. **The forward bolt uses the larger washer on the inside of the frame and then a nut**
14. Tighten flag nut bolts on each side.
15. Remove the vice grips holding the flag nuts on each side.
16. Insert & tighten all the remaining bolts, washers & nuts..
17. Tighten factory bolts to 35 ft/lbs. Tighten 9/16 bolts to 120 ft/lbs.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts