Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, back again with yet another question for all you jeep pros out there! I am a brand new owner to a 2002 jeep se, I just recently got it all fixed up, because it was having trouble cranking over turned out it was a leak in the manifold so got it fixed along with other things but it drove and started up like a dream for a week and now it's having problems again hope you can help me out!

Problem:
The car isn't as hard to crank over but it will hit around 1000 rpms and then stutter and crash to 200 rpms then jump back to like 800 and settle there. Any ideas??

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hey all, back again with yet another question for all you jeep pros out there! I am a brand new owner to a 2002 jeep se, I just recently got it all fixed up, because it was having trouble cranking over turned out it was a leak in the manifold so got it fixed along with other things but it drove and started up like a dream for a week and now it's having problems again hope you can help me out!

Problem:
The car isn't as hard to crank over but it will hit around 1000 rpms and then stutter and crash to 200 rpms then jump back to like 800 and settle there. Any ideas??
Fuel delivery problems? Filter, injectors?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are going to use sea foam to clean out the fuel system, to rule out that problem, other then that we are a little stumped it started happening after we fixed one of the vacuum hoses, I don't know if that's related to the problem we disconnected it and it still ran the same so just assuming it's not :) she still starts up its just a little rough and I've recently driven her 400 miles within 2-3 days would that have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
864 Posts
We are going to use sea foam to clean out the fuel system, to rule out that problem, other then that we are a little stumped it started happening after we fixed one of the vacuum hoses, I don't know if that's related to the problem we disconnected it and it still ran the same so just assuming it's not :) she still starts up its just a little rough and I've recently driven her 400 miles within 2-3 days would that have anything to do with it?
No at all. I park mine for weeks with no run problems. Don't foam it. See other write ups here about that. Your problem lies where you did the recent work. Hose no good? Cracked fitting either end? I'd stay in that area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts