Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you guys using for hard to reach zerk fittings? I have a lower ball joint that the installer has facing the axel that I can not get on. It is recessed a little which makes it worse. Thanks.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The only time I ever grease the lower's is when I have the axle out. Not ideal I know, but it's impossible if yours is facing up like mine is.
I was thinking of changing it out on day to a 90 degree angle one, hoping that would help.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A pic of the zerk would be helpful.
I will take a pic later. I am at work now. I did get grease into it now. Had to put a larger 45 degree zerk to fill it and then put the original back on since I was afraid the knuckles would hit it. Took about 2 hours for 2 fittings. Pain in the ass.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,410 Posts
What kind of ball joints are you running? The upgraded Spicers I installed last year only have a zerk on the top ball joint, I'd hate to have to grease the bottom joint with its limited access.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What kind of ball joints are you running? The upgraded Spicers I installed last year only have a zerk on the top ball joint, I'd hate to have to grease the bottom joint with its limited access.
Unfortunately I am running the Synergy ones. I did not know they were not the good ones until after I had them installed. It was a quick decision to have them done while I was getting the axel regeared and the axel shafts replaced with chromolly shafts.

image-674022115.jpg

·
Knows a couple things...
49,410 Posts
Dang you're right, what a PITA to grease. I hate zerk fittings lol, I got rid of all I could but I still have a bunch left.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It would not be so bad if the guy who installed them would have paid attention to which way the zerk was facing. The other side is facing a totally different direction, I could barely bet that one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Same here.
I went to HF and got one of the flexible attachments for the mini grease gun.
Ridged enough to push it on and wiggle in/ thru tight places.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts