Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discovered today that 3 out of 6 of the torx head bolts that hold my hard top on were just sitting in the holes. The plastic nut plates (or whatever they're called) that the torx bolts thread into are missing. I looked at the ones that were left and they look like they're easy to break, so that could explain why three are missing. I used some 5/16" nuts to hold them in place for now.

I'd like to tack some 5/16" nuts under the lip of the tub, but there's no way you can get a welder tip in there. Lock nuts would work, but they would be hard to get to. Does anyone have a better solution?

Also, what are those little plastic elbows on the back of the roll bar between the front and back seats? I assume they have something to do with a soft top.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
I used the rectangular steel nuts and glued them in place underneath, works just fine.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I noticed that I was missing one the other day. Maybe I'll go to a junk yard, and try to find those missing rectangular nuts myself. If I do, I'll grab a few and let you know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts