Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So while I knew this would eventually get me its still a little heart breaking. I have successfully removed and put back on my hard top solo. For some reason today the jeep gods wanted revenge. This fixable? Just live with it and see what happens? I am not worried about the paint so much as structural integrity and it getting worse at time goes on.:censored:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
It looks like it's cracked all the way through? If so, I would GENTLY pry open and fill the crack with 2 part epoxy, then clamp it back together. After it dries sand off the squeeze out and touch up.

Plastic welding might also be an option. Most people assume that the top is fiberglass, but it's actually thermoform plastic.

Whatever way you go, if it gets water in there and freezes this winter, then chances are that it will just get worse, so I probably wouldn't just ignore it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assumed it was fiberglass. Thank you for that very important detail. I will go the epoxy route. Was planning to paint the top sooner then later anyway.

Thank you!!

It looks like it's cracked all the way through? If so, I would GENTLY pry open and fill the crack with 2 part epoxy, then clamp it back together. After it dries sand off the squeeze out and touch up.

Plastic welding might also be an option. Most people assume that the top is fiberglass, but it's actually thermoform plastic.

Whatever way you go, if it gets water in there and freezes this winter, then chances are that it will just get worse, so I probably wouldn't just ignore it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts