Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my home made hoist that wasn't that hard to make and it makes my hard top easy to remove and put back on:dance: The other great thing is it allows me to store it up and out of the way. Only cost about 20 bucks to make as I already had a electric hoist laying around. But definitely worth it.

Any suggestions on making it even better or a different style is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
That looks pretty cool. So how did you find the balance point for hook and eye placement?

Is that a synthetic winch rope fairlead I see on the 2 x 4's?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a trial and error for the balance which consisted of me using the winch fair lead to adjust it for the proper balance. Good eye for noticing the fair lead

·
Registered
536 Posts
I gotta make one myself, but my Vette resides in the garage. This means the top would sit over my beloved Vette. Hoist failure would not be good. Gonna subscribe here. Any plans, or diagrams with measurements?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry but I'm not very good at drawing

But here are the drawings if you have more questions I can try to help. But it is a very straight forward build. As to the concerns of it falling off. I have no issues it is very strong and stable the main thing is use a hoist that is rated for lifting.:thumb:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts