Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a recommendation on a hoist for hard tops? I'm looking for one to get my top out of the way and not so much for removal or installation.

Appreciate all replies.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I have the Lange Hoist-a-Top (Quadratec, $150) and it works great, the hardware they supply is strong, the winch works good, it's a nice solid hoist system for not a lot of money. And like you were inferring, hanging the top up high is the best storage solution.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Lange Hoist-a-Top (Quadratec, $150) and it works great, the hardware they supply is strong, the winch works good, it's a nice solid hoist system for not a lot of money. And like you were inferring, hanging the top up high is the best storage solution.
Thanks for the info! Also can't see your pic to well on my IPhone but is that a yellow lab on the pic with your jeep? I've got a 9 yr old American Chocolate and 1 yr old English yellow. They love riding with the top off!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$10 for 2 ratchet straps and 4 eye screws, I think i posted pictures in another thread
Thx, how do you attach the straps to the top or do you run them all the way underneath it?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I did the 4 I bolts and 2 ratchet strap rig and it works well. Just find ceiling joist and screw the I bolts in to the ceiling joist. I have 2 to support the front of the hard top and the. The other 2 to support the back (window area) of the hard top. I back my jeep into the garage, roll the windows down, open the back hatch, run one end of the ratchet strap along the inside of the top from front to back. Hook the strap to the I bolts and ratchet away until the top is lifted off the jeep. It's a little bit of a trick to get it back down because when you release the ratchet the top could fall so you have to go slow and hold the ratchet from totally unlocking and letting the strap slip all the way through. You can find some videos on YouTube that are helpful.

·
Registered
16,932 Posts
^ is a nice write up..

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just run them straight through. I've seen others run the straps in an X from the front window curve to the back
Gracias this looks to be the answer. Let u know how it turns out in the fall

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
one nice aspect of the Lange system is with one hand you can lift the top off or put it down while keeping the top level and secure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts