Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Should I install the harness and hook up the hard top?

• Yes - It's worth the $500 to have the defroster and wiper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - It's not worth the $500 for a defroster and wiper

• No - even at $200 it's not worth it

• Too Close to Call...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a hard top for my 2004 Wrangler Unlimited. My plan is to keep it on in the winter and use the soft top in the summer.

POLL: Is is worth $500 to hook it up (switches, wiring, rear wiper and defroster).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's parts and installation (by someone else). I'm in Ashburn VA (I see you're in Warrenton) - any suggestions? I did hear of a guy in Manassas who does Jeep wiring on the side of his CB radio buisiness...

·
Registered
23 Posts
What parts are need to do the job I have a TJ that I would like to get done. I have the top but no connection on jeep side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How long do you expect to keep the vehicle?
Divide the number of years into the $500. This will give you the cost per year.
Now you need to decide if it's worth the money!

·
Registered
799 Posts
What parts are need to do the job I have a TJ that I would like to get done. I have the top but no connection on jeep side.
Quadratec You order by the year of the JEEP. You get a new washer bottle,pump,(you reuse the old one also) wiring harness,switches,wire ties and instruction for 159.00. The only other thing you may need is an adapter if the vehicle and top year are not compatible. not sure but tops without vents are 04,05, and 06 with one pin configuration and the vented ones are a different configuration. I have a 04 top on an 05 so no adapter necessary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts