Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning!

Installed my hardtop wiring last night and now my speedometer doesn't work, I have a check engine light, the e-brake light is on, as well as ABS and Traction Control. I'm thinking I may have spliced into the wrong wire. Any one else experience this or run into a similar issue? I am going to pull the code at lunch today.

2015 Sahara.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Wouldn't hardtop wiring be plug and play? I can't see a dealer having to splice wires for an add on like that.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Good Morning!

Installed my hardtop wiring last night and now my speedometer doesn't work, I have a check engine light, the e-brake light is on, as well as ABS and Traction Control. I'm thinking I may have spliced into the wrong wire. Any one else experience this or run into a similar issue? I am going to pull the code at lunch today.

2015 Sahara.
We need more info. Why are you splicing wires? Do you have the hardtop harness?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, Hard top did not come standard. I bought the hardtop aftermarket and bought the harness to hook it up. This is where the splicing is coming into play. I also just went to read the code and found the OBDII Port doesn't have power. Wondering if one of the harnesses I had to disconnect isn't seated tight enough. Odd that these few select items would give me issues. Everything else seems to be working fine.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You might try resetting the TIPM connectors. As you know the hardtop harness is not plug and play. Several connectors have to be re wired and a few splices. The instructions are very clear as to which wires need to be removed from the two connectors in the dash and the TIPM and where the splices need to be made, problem is, when looking at the connector it's not clear what orientation it needs to be in to perform the operation. Tech I know at my local dealer says they rewire several of these a month.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Lee. Luckily I have decent eyes and seeing the labeling on the connectors wasn't too bad. I believe I have all the splices correct. May just need a reseat. Also may go back over everything tonight to make sure all connections are firm.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Thanks Lee. Luckily I have decent eyes and seeing the labeling on the connectors wasn't too bad. I believe I have all the splices correct. May just need a reseat. Also may go back over everything tonight to make sure all connections are firm.

If the solder job is good and right wires were selected, my money is on TIPM connectors not being seated fully. I know the connectors on mine didn't want to seat easily when I did mine.

Best of luck!
O_E

·
Registered
810 Posts
Did you take it to dealer to add the hardtop in the TIPM program? I had to do that when I put a hardtop on my black 09.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts