Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i have a quick question about the back window on my hard top. I have to close it before every drive and after every drive the back window pops out and it causes the rear wiper to get stuck on the Spare tire holder when I need it. It's a real pain the a$$. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Any ideas would be appreciated :)

image-2961025355.jpg
Before I drive

image-2010203940.jpg
After I drive

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
It must not be the correct hardtop for your year. Different years vent differently and if you install a hardtop that does not have vents and rely on tailgate vents the build up of pressure inside pushes the window out. Try driving with a door window open a little and see if that stops the pressure buildup.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done that and it does t make a difference, the dealer I bought it from said that it's the original hardtop but he could have not know and was just taking out of his ass. Is there any way to fix this?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am missing that on my jeep, I'm gonna order those right now, thank you guys :)

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
The back glass fits in the u channels that hold the window bar for the soft top. It has a plastic bar at the bottom that goes in them. If you are missing those your situation can happen. Bestop® Tailgate Retainer Bar Clips | Jeep Parts and Accessories | Quadratec
I have both hard and soft tops. Those clips are for the soft top ONLY and nothing to do with the hard top glass. The class has a rubber lip on the bottom that goes behind the hatch when shut and holds it closed. Mine used to pop open when I closed the doors. You may be able to adjust the glass down a little. Loosen the hinge bolts on the glass and the hinge to the top and you may be able to move it down slightly. That was enough on mine. Others have added a small piece of weather stripping to the bottom of the glass lip.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have both hard and soft tops. Those clips are for the soft top ONLY and nothing to do with the hard top glass. The class has a rubber lip on the bottom that goes behind the hatch when shut and holds it closed. Mine used to pop open when I closed the doors. You may be able to adjust the glass down a little. Loosen the hinge bolts on the glass and the hinge to the top and you may be able to move it down slightly. That was enough on mine. Others have added a small piece of weather stripping to the bottom of the glass lip.
thank you for the advice :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts