Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a hard top and during the cleaning up found mice nest around the windshield wiper motor and behind the interior light. I cleaned it all out and wiped down with disinfectant spray then febreze spray but odor just wants to hang around. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hit it - liberally - with Simple Green, let that soak a little. Then use a tire brush to scrub the area real good. A brush with real stiff PLASTIC bristles. After that, when it's dry, use some denatured alcohol to clean it.

If that fails, get some Westley's Whitewall Cleaner, that stuff will eat your nose hair! If that won't clean it, the next steps get more risky!

Reactions: DREDnot

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well a follow up, wife went to wally world and brought home Clorox Urine Remover and I have to say that it work pretty good. As far as I can tell now it is neutralized. Very surprised that it worked as well as it did. Thanks for all the feedback.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well a follow up, wife went to wally world and brought home Clorox Urine Remover and I have to say that it work pretty good. As far as I can tell now it is neutralized. Very surprised that it worked as well as it did. Thanks for all the feedback.
I've never seen Clorox Urine Remover. That's one to keep in the back of the head in the event it's needed. I had a friend who's grandfather went a bit senile and would relieve himself in areas of the house other than the bathroom. They wound up putting plastic, adhesive carpet covering down in his bedroom. Clorox Urine Remover is another tool to add to the aresnal!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts