Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the weather is finally right for a few days of naked driving! (Jeep's naked. I wear some clothing)

Anyway, I took the hard top off and noticed something that I thought was odd.

On one side of the top, there's a plastic guide rod that fits into the Jeep, but the other side doesn't have one. It's only on one side. It's located just behind the top bolts.

Pic attached of what I'm describing.
Is this normal to only have one??

Also, pic of fully naked Jeep! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
There should be two (one on each side) but as long as you have one you can be sure everything is properly aligned. Just visually inspect how flush everything is when re-installing to make sure holes are aligned for the bolts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ha... I just found it strange. I wonder if I broke it? I couldn't find one on the ground anywhere... Well, as long as the bolts align, it should be ok. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
You won't break that off. I took one off of my '14 top because the missus '09 tub didn't have a hole for it. That plastic tip threads into a threaded metal shaft that is threaded through a metal sleeve on the back side. The sleeve is crimped into the top. That thing must have been a big joke on the factory floor.

Bob K.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You won't break that off. I took one off of my '14 top because the missus '09 tub didn't have a hole for it. That plastic tip threads into a threaded metal shaft that is threaded through a metal sleeve on the back side. The sleeve is crimped into the top. That thing must have been a big joke on the factory floor.

Bob K.
Yeah, the one that is on my top is on there solidly... no way it would just break off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts