Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hard top. Instead of the normal bolts, I saw someone somwhere that had easier to get off bolts. Does anyone have pictures of somthing like this, or a link? Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
found em - quadratec.com

Lange Originals Kwick Kit Hardtop Hardware
For 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ

$59.99
Quadratec Part No: 13122.00

Kwick Kits let you quickly & easily remove and replace the hardtop without tools (after kit installation). Premium kits for TJ Wrangler replace standard fasteners with patented hand clamps to adjust & secure the hardtop to the vehicle.
1 Year Limited Warranty.

Installation Notes
Install Time: Less than an hour
Installation Instructions: Download PDF Tools Required:
Socket set or adjustable wrench.
Need tools? Click here

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, but i saw someone who had some kind of bolt he just got at a hardware store. Know anything about that?

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Just a regular bolt... need the thread though.

I'm going to be getting some of those "Quick Clamps" though, as I fint the bolts tend to work themselves loose after a while, and I don't really carry a screw driver in the Jeep like I should.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Just a regular bolt... need the thread though.

I'm going to be getting some of those "Quick Clamps" though, as I fint the bolts tend to work themselves loose after a while, and I don't really carry a screw driver in the Jeep like I should.
did you get them? if yes, do you like them?

·
Registered
951 Posts
i have ones from ebay that are a heavy plastic thumb nut thats easy to use with the stock biskits that fit in the tub from the bottom

·
Registered
168 Posts
I used 1/4''x 2'' toggle bolts with a washer. Nothing special. Got it free at work, but it will cost probably less then $3 at the hardware store.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
I never did understand the theory on the Kwik Kit hardware that can be bought.

I can get all six of my original hardtop bolts out in less than 5 minutes.

How much of a hurry do I really need to be in beyond that?

I think that company is in a hurry to make $60.00 X ????????????????;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts