Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry - I can't seem to find a good answer on this...

Will a 3-piece hard top off a 2008 fit a 2013? (2 door btw)

Thanks guys for the help!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know this probably doesn't help but for anyone with JKU's, I got a 08 hardtop and it fits my 12 great. No leaks and it even had a large chip on the driver side piece. But hey for $300 I was willing to chance it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have had a couple hard tops, 1 on a '10 and now my '12, and I think that a 2008 should fit a 2013. The 2011 on up has a wider rear window, and the interior of the hard top is different(Nicer), but I think that the jeep body is still the same -As in the screw holes and the latch points seemed to be the same, but "they" very well could've changed them just a little to throw off guys like you. I probably shouldn't even be replying without knowing for sure. A dealer should know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK - for those that may have this same question... the answer is YES, a hard top for a 2008 will fit a 2013 (and it fits perfectly!)

·
Registered
135 Posts
The only problem I think you can run into with fitment issues for hard tops if if going with a newer (2010 I think) hardtop on an older JK. The reason for this is the center latch near the windshield on the early hard tops only clamped from one panel to the other and the little loop that is on the windshield was centered. Newer hardtop design has the center latch locking onto that center loop on the inside of the windshield that has been moved somewhat off center to meet up with the freedom panel's latch. I don't know if it will still make contact on the loop if it is not off center in the right place.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yes, the search would have found this answer discussed a week ago. You will need the retaining clips, and the freedom panels only apply pressure to the loop, they don't actually hook around. I have an 08 top on my 2013. Tops are, for the most part, forward compatible, not backward compatible. Older tops fit newer Jeeps, newer tops don't always fit older Jeeps. They changed the center latch around 2010.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Old post I know, but I can pick up a 12 hardtop for my 08 for almost diddly, will it work or do I need to modify something to get it to work?? Thanks in advance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts