Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a used, new to me, JKU. It has a tan soft top and I was hoping for a hard top for traveling.

When I go online to do research for new hard tops, the only colors available are in black. Do I need to hope that someone who owns a JKU tan hardtop has one for sale, or is there a place online that offers hard tops in alternate colors?

Thanks!

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,244 Posts
What color is your JKU? What color are your fenders?

The color matched hardtop is about a $1200 option from the factory. They do not sell painted tops and unfortunately the black tops that are available are not gloss, they are textured. No real problem with the textured top, but it takes extra prep time at the bodyshop and is therefore more expensive.

You have a few options:

1. Buy one from your dealer (saves on the big shipping cost) and find a bodyshop who will paint it whatever color you want it.

2. Find a used one on Craigslist or our for sale section, and find a bodyshop who will paint it whatever color you want it.

3. Wait an eternity to find the color matched you have to come available.

There are also many other styles of tops from other manufacturers that area safari style, fast back, etc.

https://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep_hardtops/hardtops

1 - 2 of 2 Posts