Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Freedom panels are also slightly different.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I believe I've seen where the alignment pins for the top and the center latch for the freedom panels are also different. Pretty sure I've seen where people make them work though.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The center footmans loop moved in 2010 or 2011, I believe. So the center latch on the freedom panels changed.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Another difference to consider is from '09-'14, the center foot mans loop is off-centered on those year Jeeps compared to the '07-'08 which were centered between the sun visors. The freedom panels on the '09-'14 hard tops use the center foot mans loop to lock into and the '07-'08 freedom panels do not use the foot mans loop. I was told recently that there are compatibility issues with newer wiring harnesses not working in the '07-'08 year hard tops. Not sure when exactly that changed occurred.

If you are trying to put an older JK hardtop on a newer JK or vice versa then there will be some minor issues with compatibility but it will fit.

Edit: I type too slow most above already stated.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes and no. Overall fit is the same. The difference lies in the rear quarter windows; which are slightly smaller in tops from 2007-2010 iirc.
Does anyone know the exact size of newer verses older. I am going to go look at a top in the morning and don't really want to buy one that is a older version

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
You can easily tell a 2011+ top because the back window has a lip at the bottom. the 2007-2010 window went straight down. Look at the bottom left corner of the rear window:

2007-2010 for reference:

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Yeah, that's an older top (2007-2010).

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
image-1308985917.jpg

Thanks guys!! The PO said it was for a 2011 it does have the smaller windows but everything slid right in no problems.

Thanks again for all the information !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts