Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ya'll!

After 4 soft tops I've finally gotten a hard top, 2015 Sahara.
Being a Buffalonian I'm thinkin this is mandatory!

So, my question is which kind of hoist to use? Does the basic (1) person hoist Quadratec offers work pretty good or would an electric hoist be a better bet?

THANK YOU for any insight.....
:mooning:

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
I have the Harken Hoist and am very happy with it. The roof really isn't that heavy, so I think the electric hoist are a bit of overkill.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cajun! I really wasn't wanting to go full throttle with a hoist ...
It took 3 of us to get it off, but like I said, this is my 1st HT so I wasn't really sure what to expect. Awkward is what it was.
I think I may go with the Harken. Updates in November :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
If you are going to do a lot of off and on, I would get the Harkin or Lange. If, like me, you are going to take it off and leave it off, you could just use cam straps:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
If you are going to do a lot of off and on, I would get the Harkin or Lange. If, like me, you are going to take it off and leave it off, you could just use cam straps:

Indeed, frequency of use will make a big difference. Here in Illinois I might end up taking the top off and putting it back on twice a week or so thanks to frequent thunderstorms. I like being able to get the job done by myself in under 10 minutes. If I still lived in California where it would be off for weeks or months at a time then I wouldn't have wanted or needed the more expensive Lange power hoist.

·
Registered
117 Posts
2 questions on the hoist:

1. Would it work on a pitched roof? I am thinking of installing it in a outdoor carport
2. Once hoisted, how long can it stay there? I am thinking an entire season (November - March or so)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts