Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey mates,

NOOB question

i am seriously thinking into buying either a 91 or a 95 YJ, both models i have found are Hard-top, while i really would've wanted a soft top, so my question is:

how hard is it to transform a Hard-top YJ into a soft-top one? i mean, obviously, you buy the soft top, but how much body work will need to be done?

thanks all

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think it's just a matter of buying the bracket that you need to drill into the top part of your windshield frame and the brackets to hold the soft top up, doesn't seem like too much work at all honestly...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey mates,

how hard is it to transform a Hard-top YJ into a soft-top one? i mean, obviously, you buy the soft top, but how much body work will need to be done?

thanks all
No body work required except a couple holes drilled for the windshield channel and along the top of the body tub. If you can turn a wrench, you can do this.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just like everyone else said, it is an easy job. I did exactly what you are wanting to do. I bought a best top with the aftermarket frame. If you start out with the hard top, it will be easier and cheaper to get a soft top. If you want to run with the soft top all year round you should easily be able to sell the hard top. Go for it. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Start with the hardtop and then buy the soft top. Nothing like going topless in the summer .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts