Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a nice day here but the weather has started to cool off. Decided it was time to put on the hard top. It has been sitting in the garage since the dealer delivered it to my house in May. My Jeep was supposed to be a half door model but they messed up my order. I took the Jeep but only with the hard top and wiring included. I am going to make an appt for them to wire everything up. It wasnt too bad getting the soft top off. Picking up and installing the hard top was doable with the wifes help. It wasnt really the weight that was an issue but the bulk and having to get it lined up. Just didnt want to drop it. ;) Now will have to wait till Spring to pull it off again!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Funny, I just pulled the hard top off for the winter. Its finally not that hot anymore to where i can run around with the top down.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yep, first morning waking up to snow today since spring. Caught me by surprise. Planning the winterizing as well to include lowering the HT back on. Well, maybe a couple more weeks...

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
hah.. i put my hardtop on today as well. supposed to be 80 tomorrow! oops..

also i've got wind noise on the driver's door that wasn't there before. the fun never stops!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Its only made it down to the 40s here so I'm still running with the bikini top. I did put the half doors on to keep my legs warm. I dont have a HT but it won't be long before I put the complete ST on.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Still in the 90's here in Florida, but it'll start cooling down in a couple of weeks. Pulled the hardtop off yesterday and put the soft top on for the winter.

·
Registered
289 Posts
We have a cold front right now, but supposed to warm up again this week. I did put the doors back on. 48* is cold on my morning drive, but 70* afternoon drive home is worth it. With the harken hoist I can swap the hard top in 10 min.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I was about to do the same yesterday myself but decided to hold off another week or two. Definitely need to do it by the end of the month though.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yep, just put my hard top back on for the first time since my selfmade hoist. Went smooth!
you wimp ... it hasn't even snowed there yet ;-)
I am hoping for a few 70^ days still before mine goes on.
Rob ...

·
Registered
94 Posts
When you take it in for the wiring, make sure they know that there is a update to the instructions that shows a different wiring set up...(At least for the 2012JKU ) I bought the hard top when I purchased the Jeep, so the HT would be under full warranty. It came in a few weeks later and when I went for the install I was told it's a two hour job to wire, replace the control stick on the stearing column and drop the top.. Well, 8 hours over two days, they finally called Jeep and found the problem with the wiring spec's. Good luck

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When you take it in for the wiring, make sure they know that there is a update to the instructions that shows a different wiring set up...(At least for the 2012JKU ) I bought the hard top when I purchased the Jeep, so the HT would be under full warranty. It came in a few weeks later and when I went for the install I was told it's a two hour job to wire, replace the control stick on the stearing column and drop the top.. Well, 8 hours over two days, they finally called Jeep and found the problem with the wiring spec's. Good luck
I will mention it. I am dropping the Jeep off and getting a loaner because I know it will take them at least a few hours. They already got the wiring kit. They have different ones depending on if you have power mirrors or not. (Mine doesnt have power mirrors, windows or locks)

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you just lower the soft top or totally remove it for the hard top to go on?
The soft top and door surrounds have to come off to put the hard top on. Stored them in the garage till Spring.

·
Registered
900 Posts
just put the ht on last weekend. Now it is making a creaking sound on the passenger side. Never had it before. i know its the front pannel. Take them out and no creaking. Can't seam to be able to get rid of it.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got my Jeeo back from the dealer. The rear wiper, washer and defrost are all hooked up. Took the dealer a good 4 hours of labor plus programming it to work. This would have been expensive if I had to pay out of pocket!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
The day has come, the hard top is going on :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts