Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Juat bought a used hard top for my 05 sport. Problem is the plug for my wiring harness seems to be an exterior plug and so does the one on the hard top. It looks like if I broke off the outside shell on my harness the plug would work. Do older hardtops have different plugs? Should I just cut the outside plastic shell off mine?

·
Brewing, Skiing & Jeeps..
549 Posts
Plugs can definitely be different. Do you know what year the top is? If so. you can get a "pigtail" that will connect your wiring with the top wiring.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The hard top must be a 97-02 as it has vents. I see on Quadratec thats theres a plug kit for installing a new top on an old jeep but dont see one for vise-versa.. anyone know where I can get one?

·
549 Posts
Jeeps are us have them. Do a search on ebay and it will come right up. I ordered one, but ended up not needing it in the end.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I will wire my own if I can find a wiring diagram or just a list telling me what colored wire does what

·
549 Posts
Pretty sure that the colors should match. Also, when I was doing mine, someone posted this. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANKS! that was exactly what I needed. I went and got a trailer wiring 4 prong plug so make it look nicer. Wired it all together and everything works thanks again. Only thing now is where to tap in for the hard top light, Id really like that working light so I can see behind the seat thanks for any suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts