Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Word of advice for anyone with a TJ equipped with a hard top:

Don't ever try and "push" or "bang" on the side of your Hard Top to get it into place (While placing it onto your TJ).

Because I was trying to adjust where my hard top sat on my TJ, by pushing on the side of it with my shoulder (Using my body weight to push it), and I ended up cracking part of the door frame's top area. ...Needless to say I'm pretty pissed off. Luckily it won't affect the waterproofing or air seal.

But still, be very careful with your hard top!!!!!!!! (If you aren't already)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Oddly, i want a hard top. my dads jeep has one and its quiet as hell, well except for the hum of the mud claws. but they are just too loud for me. I do however love the ability to take it off on command though!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Patrick H said:
I never would have put a hard top on any of my old CJ5's, but the TJ is such a non-Jeep, more car-like vehicle it seems OK.
You should have your Man card removed and your Jeep taken away for that Non Jeep more car comment you just made. Your not doing it right, lol!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
i use the Hoist-a-Top mechanism to remove/install the hardtop, once the vehicle is placed in the correct spot under the hoisted top it is so simple to just winch it down dead center in place. sorry to hear your got cracked, they can be fragile that's for sure, thanks for the advise.

PATRICK: come on man, we didn't appreciate that dig you make against the TJ's, not only was it in poor taste but it is just so factually wrong. Enuf said.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
i use the Hoist-a-Top mechanism to remove/install the hardtop, once the vehicle is placed in the correct spot under the hoisted top it is so simple to just winch it down dead center in place. sorry to hear your got cracked, they can be fragile that's for sure, thanks for the advise.

PATRICK: come on man, we didn't appreciate that dig you make against the TJ's, not only was it in poor taste but it is just so factually wrong. Enuf said.

Lighten up man, it's (mostly) a joke. I own one, right?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
You should have your Man card removed and your Jeep taken away for that Non Jeep more car comment you just made. Your not doing it right, lol!
What could there possibly be that's "car like" about the TJ?
Obviously you guys haven't owned an old Jeep. I built and drove CJ5's made in the 60's for 15 years. The TJ has almost nothing in common with them. Evolution has taken it's toll.:)
All that said, I love my TJ..:thumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Compared to a CJ? A lot. A 60s CJ is not much different then a tractor.
It's funny that you said that, I described my TJ to a friend as “a farm implement dressed up as a car. You don’t ride in it as much as on it.” After I took him for a ride, he totally agreed with that statement. :)

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
HaloNHorns2002 said:
It's funny that you said that, I described my TJ to a friend as “a farm implement dressed up as a car. You don’t ride in it as much as on it.” After I took him for a ride, he totally agreed with that statement. :)
You shoul drive an early Jeep if you ever get the chance.:)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Patrick H said:
Obviously you guys haven't owned an old Jeep. I built and drove CJ5's made in the 60's for 15 years. The TJ has almost nothing in common with them. Evolution has taken it's toll.:)
All that said, I love my TJ..:thumb:
I've never had a CJ, but my uncle had one a while back. He loves my TJ and can't get over how much it reminds him of his CJ. Sure the rides a lot better and the dash isn't metal, but it still has solid axels front and rear, 4wd, sits high off the ground, comes with skid plates, most don't have carpet, and the doors come off. Doesn't sound like a car to me :D although I guess it is closer than the CJ's were to being a car, but there's a big deference between being more car like and car like.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts