Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
800 is a steal, I offered 1500 when I wanted want back in 2009 for my old jeep and had 0 people willing to sell

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
It's a little steep, IMO. Supply and demand. Long summers and mild winters here, they go for around 6-800.
It is also a pre 2003 top (side vents), and the electical connector may not match your 2003, if yours has one. It will fit fine though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If I were you I'd snag it. Hard tops of that quality for that cheap are hard to come by. Just make sure there aren't any major dents or cracks. Anything else can be easily patched up.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm going to go look at it Sunday and hopefully 800$ cash will be enough to persuade him to sell it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I don't know what they get for them out where you are but here in FL, you see them all the time for $400. to $500. on CL As previously noted, the one you pictured is a pre '03 because of those side vents behind the side windows. IMO, its waaaaay over priced.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Might be worth it in your neck of the woods. That's about the average going price in the south. Sold mine for 750.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I paid $500.00 for a mint 03 black hardtop in CT. but it was around the beginning of Sept., not cold weather then. It was on CL for a couple of weeks. I think that the electrical plug is different 03-06 but that can be changed if necessary.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Around here, one that is scratched and faded will fetch $800-$1000 and one in pristine condition will bring $1500-$1750. I would jump on that one for anything $1050 or under.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Going by the price of 1150 id say the seller wants 1000. If you could score it for 8 or 9 even better. I like that's it's pre 2003, I've always liked the look of the rear vents. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts